DT Saw Display Case
Thumbs Up 
(09-29-2018, 03:58 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Challenge accepted!  Funny that you mention that: I had briefly considered just banging something together (after all, its shop furniture), but I decided it had to have proper dovetails, as you can see (and inspect) here:
Nice. [Image: thumbsup.png]
Very nice. What are the hooks you used for the totes? Are they available in brass?
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
No plastic saws allowed
Winkgrin

(09-29-2018, 07:30 PM)hbmcc Wrote: Nice collection! But, but..... Where's Rob C's 'mashed potato gripper'?
I came across some utility hooks on Amazon: not sure if they can be found in brass, but here is link to Amazon page:

Amazon Utility Hooks

I lined the hooks with PSA-backed felt to protect the handles. That Amazon link is here:

Amazon PSA-backed Felt

(09-29-2018, 09:06 PM)DaveParkis Wrote: Very nice. What are the hooks you used for the totes? Are they available in brass?
That looks great!

Now I just have to ask: which of the saws did you use to cut those dovetails?
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
(09-30-2018, 02:56 PM)Bibliophile 13 Wrote: That looks great!  

Now I just have to ask: which of the saws did you use to cut those dovetails?

Ha; good question. For the tails, I prefer a heavier plate thickness, so I used the Bad Axe Stilletto (not in the display case, because its too long) or the standard LN saw (I think it may have been the one with the nice rosewood handle). For the pins, I prefer the 2 Lawyers Ultimate DT saw, or the LN thin plate with the apple handle (the apple handle makes all the difference).
looks awesome!        might "borrow" a few ideas.
Big Grin
Ok, how about a rundown of the saws in the case?
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
(10-01-2018, 06:47 AM)2beast Wrote: Ok, how about a rundown of the saws in the case?

Sure:

Gramercy
Independence
LN-Independence
Adria
Wenzloff
LN-Rosewood Handle
Bad Axe
LN-.015 with Apple Handle
Two Lawyers Ultimate
(10-01-2018, 05:08 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Sure:

Gramercy
Independence
LN-Independence
Adria
Wenzloff
LN-Rosewood Handle
Bad Axe
LN-.015 with Apple Handle
Two Lawyers Ultimate

Which do you prefer, and why?

Have you sharpened any?

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com