I am having a sale on the roses I make in S&S
If you would like some or to give to your wife or sweetheart just read and give me the info.

https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...id=7342624
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(09-29-2018, 10:24 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: If you would like some or to give to your wife or sweetheart just read and give me the info.

https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...id=7342624

Just my two cents...these are a great gift - have bought them twice now. Arlin does a great job!

Cheers,

Rob
(10-06-2018, 03:21 PM)Rob Lee Wrote: Just my two cents...these are a great gift - have bought them twice now. Arlin does a great job!

Cheers,

Rob

Thank you Rob
Coming from you it means a lot.  I am very glad you like them.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Do you sell these to Walgreens? I bought 12 at $1 each from them.
(11-25-2018, 06:15 PM)Marc Wrote: Do you sell these to Walgreens?  I bought 12 at $1 each from them.

Marc

I make my own and I really do not know how they can sell them so low unless they get a Hugh discount on what they buy and pay them peanuts.

It takes me over an hour to make them and a little over $2.00 in cost to make each one plus about $500 in accessories to do the coloring and containers and so on.  It is not cheap to start up but it is very satisfying to make something so nice.

I had to buy something like 8 dozen about 6 years ago just to take a few apart to find out how and what is needed and another 6 months in getting they where they are now.  Plus anyone can buy a rose like that but who would want one from a store?  I guess another Plus is it helps me raise funds from me and the vets.  I made about half of what I wanted to make and will hopefully sell the rest on Valentines day or Mothers day in May.

Another things is I hand make the vases on a lathe I have and that is VERY satisfying to do.
Yes

Thank you so much for the idea tho. 
Yes
Yes
Yes

These are a bargain at Arlin's asking price. I bought 6 for my wife's birthday in October and my daughter has already asked me to order her some when Arlin opens ordering again. They are fantastic!

Attached Files Image(s)

(11-25-2018, 08:34 PM)Greg Jones Wrote: These are a bargain at Arlin's asking price. I bought 6 for my wife's birthday in October and my daughter has already asked me to order her some when Arlin opens ordering again. They are fantastic!

Aren't Daughters wonderful. 
Yes   I so wish I could do more for mine and wife as well.  To me they deserve all the best I can give or do.

I give you a ton of credit for trying. When I looked at mine I cringed at how tedious it had to be to make. Thin parts breaking is what i imagined as the biggest problem. If you can pump them out, definitely bring them to a large store.
This is the problem with cheap labor from other countries. I watched asian artists on the streets of nyc make things in minutes for a few bucks. Well, at least here they get a few bucks.

Also,,many people aren't fans of facebook... but they have a free marketplace that you can post them on
(11-25-2018, 09:00 PM)Marc Wrote: I give you a ton of credit for trying. When I looked at mine I cringed at how tedious it had to be to make. Thin parts breaking is what i imagined as the biggest problem.   If you can pump them out, definitely bring them to a large store.
This is the problem with cheap labor from other countries. I watched asian artists on the streets of nyc make things in minutes for a few bucks. Well, at least here they get a few bucks.

Also,,many people aren't fans of facebook... but they have a free marketplace that you can post them on

Thanks Marc but facebook and anything else is way to much for me to figure out and my wife and daughters told me so.
I tried twitter and it is just to much also trying to figure it out and try to keep up with things.

Arlin does a great job!  My wife loves the dozen that I bought her.