Varathane Triple thick
Anyone here have experience using this?
I just bought some because I needed some finish and all of the regular was gone.
Not sure that I like it as much. It tends to leave more bubbles if I put down more than the thinnest layer that I can brush out. This stuff is viscous. For that reason it seems to do okay on vertical surfaces.

What’s your experience with this?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Varathane-1-.../205442820
Ray
I use it for drawer boxes.  It dries quickly and one coat seems to do the trick.  

It levels reasonably well.  I use foam brushes.  

I've used lacquer, shellac and now triple thick.  The triple thick does not have the noxious odors and dries quickly.  For brushing it seems the best option for drawers and cabinet interiors.  

I like oil based for exterior surfaces and especially wear surfaces.  (I'm old fashioned).

The other advantage is that it is available from Lowes, Home Depot and Walmart (as I recall).
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Hmm ... maybe I should try a foam brush. I’ve been using a regular brush as I can clean and reuse it.

I’m the same way, usually, about finishing.
Ray
(10-04-2018, 07:00 PM)DogwoodTales Wrote: Hmm ... maybe I should try a foam brush. I’ve been using a regular brush as I can clean and reuse it.

I’m the same way, usually, about finishing.

I can use the foam brush three or four times with triple-thick.  Rinse it and squeeze it out several times in warm water.  It will wash clean.

I use foam brushes for oil base too, but they break down fairly quickly in the solvent.  Still, an option that has given me good results.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I bought and used a couple of quarts of this “Triple Thick” for usage on some new oak moldings for a large remodel and as a topcoat for unfinished 1-3/8” wood drapery rods and mountings I stained to match. I found the product to be very easy to apply, durable, lays out smooth and nice looking upon the surface when dry. I recently installed a new exterior door that has a aluminum clad exterior over vertical grain Douglas fir to complete the project. I plan on staining and finishing it this week and do to recent Fall weather temperatures I will use it again versus a oil-based spar varnish. Can’t beat the clean up. So far, I love the stuff. Foam brush or a good quality bristle brush were both used and I found no difference. I’m using the satin finish and will keep it in my arsenal of finishing methods.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.