Looking at a Wagner "Opti-painter" and can't find any info
I've got a big airless sprayer and a nice HVLP sprayer but need something for those small, quick projects and there's a "Opti-painter" NIB on CL for an attractive price.

What I'm hoping is for a sprayer I can use with unthinned oil-based paint.

Anybody used on of these?  
Confused
Confused
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
It didn't seem to make anyone's "best" list.  

Here is a good starting point:

https://paintsprayermag.com/best-airless...-sprayers/
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Thumbs Up 
(10-06-2018, 07:33 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: I've got a big airless sprayer and a nice HVLP sprayer but need something for those small, quick projects and there's a "Opti-painter" NIB on CL for an attractive price.

Confused
Confused

i am sure consumer reports and many other sites can also help you decide.
Suggest https://gopaintsprayer.com/
I've heard they're alright. Checked a couple review sites (https://toolboxadvice.com) and others seem to be liking them to.

Biggest issue with small sprayers is their paint capacity! They go through your paint so fast it can be a huge drag if your trying to paint anything but small projects. Though I think the Opti-painter can handle unthinned paint - i'd give the manufaturers site a check.
(10-06-2018, 07:33 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: I've got a big airless sprayer and a nice HVLP sprayer but need something for those small, quick projects and there's a "Opti-painter" NIB on CL for an attractive price.

Confused
Confused

Spraying OB paint sure makes a mess wherever the overspray lands; not something I'd want to deal with.  But if you have a way of dealing with that issue you could put a pressure cup on your HVLP gun, assuming you have a 1.3 or larger N/N set for it.  I can spray stuff like SW's ProClassic and BM Advance without thinning with my pressure assisted HVLP gun, though I often do add 5^ water.  I have a 3M PPS H/O cup on my gun, but any pressure cup or pressure pot would work.  For a small, quick project, the pressure cup would be the more appropriate approach.  If you go with the PPS H/O cup I suspect you will never go back to whatever cup is currently on your gun.  Being able to spray at any angle right down to the last drop is a great benefit and cleanup is simple and fast.  

John
(05-11-2019, 11:45 AM)PittsburghToolGuy Wrote: Though I think the Opti-painter can handle unthinned paint - i'd give the manufaturers site a check.

Opti Painters are built for unthinned paint. So there is no question if it can handle or not.