shorter Moxon vise?
I'm overthinking this, I know, but here goes anyway: I made a Moxon vise a while back that's about 22" wide. I have another set of wooden screws (I use old wooden screw clamps), and I thought I'd make one that's shorter and easier to use.  What would be a good length (I mean the length between the screws)?
Well, since you have a wider one, 10" perhaps, or 12"?
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
The widest board that you plane to use in that vise plus 1" or so.

Simon
Why not put another hole in your vise so you can us it  long or short. If you go to the woodworking forum and look at my post The real post about my new work bench[color=#000000]  in the last picture you will see a hole on the middle so I can make the vise two different sizes. The top of my vise was leveled with a hand plane and a good level. My vise has two different keys I use to help keep boards vertical. The keys help keep at least one of the possibility of at least one error factor out of the equation.  I sight my saws square and vertical and I use the top of the work piece or vise for referencing. The key has one screw to remove and out the key comes when My work piece is over 13 inches wide.
In other words don't over think you problem as you see it.

Tom