Router for router table
My old Triton 2.25hp router is dying a slow death.   The speed controller is gone, and the switch is going even though I have rebuilt it once.  Parts and shipping for those parts from Australia are expensive especially considering this was a compromise 10 years ago when I got it. 

I want to replace it with a heavy duty router suited to bigger bits and ultimately a lift.   I know the old standard was the Porter Cable but since the brand has been "value engineered" by Stanley I am not sure who is the current go to.

So who is making a good 3.25ish router that fits the better lifts these days?
I have a fairly recent 7518 that works as well as my older ones but hasn't proved itself over the long haul yet.

I think the 7518 and Milwaukee 5625 are still the conventional wisdom choices, most will endorse what they have.  The wildcard is the new(er) Jessem POW-R-TEK motor and control box, if I were buying today I think I would get one of these.  

Jessem
I recently built my first router table; I repurposed a hard maple kitchen cart and outfitted it with a Triton 3.25hp router.  The router lift functions on it are fairly basic, but I like the integrated nature and the cost efficiency of being able to avoid buying a separate lift.
I have the Milwaukee 5625...been a good unit. Does have it's quirks.

Had to open up a hole (guess I could've removed the original height adj. assy...but anyone can do that) in my PRL-V2 to get it oriented so the speed dial faced the front of the table. Also had to copy the speed chart on the cabinet door since it couldn't be read since it's on the side of the router.

Router needs to be removed once in a while for a good cleaning. The cover where the switch & speed control must be removed and blown out as fine dust builds up, can't imagine the PC being any different. Inside a router table is a hellish enviroment for any router.

Ed
I also have the Milwaukee 5625,  and between it and the 7518 it's a tough choice. My take is that with the new ownership both companies have, it's a coin flip.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I also use a Milwaukee 5625 and have been quite pleased.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

My 7518 is 15 years old now and spent its whole life in a WoodPecker's lift.   Money very well spent, with no complaints on either piece.   If it were to die tomorrow I'd get another 7518 or a 5625.   Like Fred said, "its a coin flip".