Router lifts- What do you have and what do you like?
Lots of votes for the woodpecker! Looks like that will be a strong contender.
The built in lift in my Triton works perfectly fine for me.
I second Brad's post:

"I have the JessEm Mast-R-Lift II and love it. Yeah, a little spendy, but it's *very* convenient to use. I really like that I can lift the router above the table to change bits."

Mine has worked flawless for years. I have the Mil 5625 mounted in it and the height gauge. The package is a beast and very accurate, except for my user input errors.

Jimmy
Another vote for the PRL V1 and a PC7518.   Been in steady use for fifteen years plus, and never an issue.
I have an Incra Mater Lift II And am very happy with it.
I have been using the Router Lift FX from Rockler in my Folding Router Table since 2012.

What I like best is the ease of use. Just insert and turn the handle to adjust. NO LOCK MECHANISM.
This might seem a negative, but this thing works so well that no lock is needed. Just set it and go. In 6 years of heavy use, I have never had the lift change heights during use.

I have used many other lifts, and the lock can be annoying. I have the Triton (no lift needed) in my Kreg Router table, and it is a fine router, but it requires both locking and unlocking under the table AND turning the router switch off to raise the router high enough to change the bit. Sort of defeats the whole purpose of changing bits above the table.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
I’ve had the Triton in a RT for 5+ years and love it. Mine is plugged into a switched outlet on the front of the table. I don’t have any problems doing above the table bit swaps. I can’t imagine what more I would gain by using a dedicated lift that would be worth the several hundred they can cost. I have mine on an incra plate.

I went with the Woodpecker PRL V2 after comparing several lifts. One of the reasons I went with this model is that Woodpecker made it with a face plate that fit my cast iron Bench Dog router table. Your table opening may be a factor in which lift you choose.

I've been very happy with the PRL V2. It is designed and constructed very well.
(10-10-2018, 10:22 AM)jamesglenn Wrote: I second Brad's post:

"I have the JessEm Mast-R-Lift II and love it. Yeah, a little spendy, but it's *very* convenient to use. I really like that I can lift the router above the table to change bits."

Mine has worked flawless for years. I have the Mil 5625 mounted in it and the height gauge. The package is a beast and very accurate, except for my user input errors.

Jimmy

#3    I have JessEm as well .....works well .

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

IMHO I don't get why so many guys will spend $300 on a router lift they only occasionally use.

Maybe in a production shop, but I don't see the logic when you can buy a router with a build in lift?

The Triton works fine for me I do a lot of raised panel door work.