Lie Nielsen planes. Last 3 reduced!!
Once upon a time I bought a bunch of Lie Nielsen stuff, partly thinking I've have the rest of my life to figure out what to do with it, partly just "to collect" and even partly to use.   Plans change.  I sold a fair about of LN stuff a few years ago, here is the rest.   Most have either little or no use.  All planes have been stored in their plane socks since purchased.  Actual shipping paid by buyer.   I'll try to get as much as I can in a priority mail flat rate box which I've found to be cheaper than UPS.  I also try and pack securely and will pack the LN box in another box for shipping.   My preference is to ship only to the contiguous U.S.  Paypal preferred.   

Click on links for pictures.

The LN 164 is SOLD.

LN 5 1/2 is SOLD

The LN 62 is SOLD.

The LN 3 Bronze is SOLD.

The LN 4 Bronze  is SOLD.

The LN 4 Iron is SOLD.

The small chisel plane is SOLD.

The LN 60 1/2 is SOLD

LN Bronze Edge 95R reduced from 115.00 to 95.00  LN 95R

LN Crosscut Saw 14 TPI is SOLD.

LN Crosscut Saw 12 TPI is SOLD.

The LN Screwdriver set is SOLD.

The LN 60 1/2 R is SOLD.
60 1/2 please. Pm sent. I want more but I also want to eat
Laugh
Edit:
Chisel plane spoken for instead
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
The No. 3 bronze; No 4 Iron; No 60 1/2/; small chisel plane and Screwdriver set are all sold

The LN 62 is spoken for.

I added LN 60 1/2 R rabbet block plane.

Chris
(10-08-2018, 05:48 PM)mainframe Wrote: So I have "I'll take it" for the No. 3 bronze; No 4 Iron; No 60 1/2/ and Screwdriver set.  So all are sold pending payment.  

Chisel plane is spoken for.

I added LN 60 1/2 R rabbet block plane.

Chris

Chris, I will take the 62 PM on its way
Thank You
Gordon
(10-08-2018, 12:53 PM)mainframe Wrote: LN 4 Bronze - 275.00 LN 4 Bronze

LN 60 1/2 R - Rabbet block plane - 135.00 LN 60 1/2 R

PM sent on the 4 and rabbet block.
PM sent on LA smoother
(10-08-2018, 12:53 PM)mainframe Wrote: LN Crosscut Saw 14 TPI - 125.00 LN Saw 14 TPI

LN Crosscut Saw 12 TPI - 125.00 LN Saw 12 TPI   (at least 12 TPI is what is says on the box0

Here is what I remember about buying this saw.  I took a dovetail class from Rob Cosman at the Woodcraft store in Seattle.  At the time Rob was representing LN an suggested this saw a good saw for dovetails.  It had been sharpened at 12 TPI instead of the normal 14.  That is all I remember.  I reached out to LN who said they hadn't made one with 12 TPI so it must have been Rob that sharped it.  I reached out to Rob to said "send me pics" which I did.  I haven't heard back from him after that.   My guess if you're unhappy with the sharpening you can send it back to LN for sharpening in whatever way pleases you.  I have never used the saw.

The 12 tpi saw is a "carcase saw", not a crosscut saw.  The pic you link to shows it's filed rip, not crosscut.  Correcting that should help you sell it.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(10-15-2018, 06:22 AM)AHill Wrote: The 12 tpi saw is a "carcase saw", not a crosscut saw.  The pic you link to shows it's filed rip, not crosscut.  Correcting that should help you sell it.

I just happened to have a Highland Hardware catalog from 2005, and back then, LN made a "Rip Carcass" at 14pt, and a "Coarse Rip Carcass" at 12pt both with an 11 inch long plate.  The spine on this saw is stamped "12" so it is clearly this version of the Coarse Rip Carcass and not some b@stardized refile by Cosman.  

In the 2010 LN catalog, they show a Rip Carcass at 15pt and a Coarse Rip Carcass at 10 pt, with the plate still at 11 inches long.  

LN has changed their lineup of saws over they years; their current 2018 website model is 14pt filed cc, with a 14 inch plate, they seemed to have dropped the rip models (I'm sure they would file to a special order).  

So, sometime between 2005 and 2010 the coarse rip was dropped from 12 to 10pt; and sometime thereafter, they stopped marketing Rip Carcass saws, and lengthened the plate to the current 14 inches, which I actually think improves a cc filed carcass saw, better with dado shoulders and such.

The 2 1/4" depth to the spine back was maintained over the years.

It's fun to keep those old catalogs.......
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(10-09-2018, 07:24 AM)gordon 131 Wrote: Chris, I will take the 62 PM on its way
Thank You
Gordon

The LN62 showed up today , was packaged and boxed real good and showed up in excellent condition!
Thanks again Chris!
I am excited to put this to use, it is my 2nd LN plane.
Thank You
Gordon
Glad your happy Gordon.

Chris