Ruobo stype Workbench Finally Done!
Happy to hear you're feeling better!! Go make some sawdust on that gorgeous bench.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
great bench - thans for sharing it

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Nice looking bench! Glad you didn't give up on it. You will enjoy woodworking more nows that you have a great bench to do it on. Hope your Helath keeps improving.
Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. I'm really happy with the bench and even though it isn't as pretty as the ones on the Benchcrafted site or Chrs schwartz' book, I think it will serve me well for many years. Hopefully, I'll pass this on to my children or grandchildren.
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
Love it.

I finally started buying lumber to build mine. It'll be pine, and it'll take me a few paychecks to pick up all the pieces (limited ww'ing allowance from the missus!) but I'm hoping to get started on it by winter time!
Semper fi,
Brad

(10-12-2018, 08:40 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Love it.

I finally started buying lumber to build mine.  It'll be pine, and it'll take me a few paychecks to pick up all the pieces (limited ww'ing allowance from the missus!) but I'm hoping to get started on it by winter time!

Good luck with it. I found the hardest part was making the mortices; I used hand tools and carving out the birch was a bear. Otherwise, you just need a friend or two when it's time to assemble it.
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
(10-12-2018, 11:57 AM)5thumbs Wrote: Good luck with it. I found the hardest part was making the mortices; I used hand tools and carving out the birch was a bear. Otherwise, you just need a friend or two when it's time to assemble it.

I will likely go the lazy man's route and use the glue up to form the mortises. I really like the look of the double mortise with the sliding dovetail on the legs and have seen videos showing how it can be made without having to chop out mortises.
Semper fi,
Brad

Very nice............
Good job on the bench. I like it.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

That's a beautiful bench!

Glad you are feeling better.