Show me your Hammers
Here are my hammers:

(10-22-2018, 09:37 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Hammers may be unappreciated in some circles, but this thread
is proof positive they are appreciated here!!

I was working for a master carpenter and his apprentice son a year or two ago.  They didn't approve of the hammer I brought to work.  They only use the blue fiberglass handled Belknap Bluegrass hammers (which I also have).  So they gave me an old fiberglass true temper hammer to use and have.  They thought it weird that I preferred wooden handled hammers and they didn't know I had over 50 of them.  They're good friends and an eccentric lot, so I just brought that hammer to the job site and hold on to it as one of my special ones.

I really want one of those Japanese chisel hammers like in Admiral's post above, but overwhelmed with the choices.  Any pointers?  I do a lot of chisel work (have many of those too).

-David
My grandfather used a Bluegrass hammer. My father has always used a Bluegrass hammer. My first tool gift as a child was a Bluegrass hammer. I still have it, plus 5 more Bluegrass models.

I do have a couple of Vaughan that are the closest to my Bluegrass that I’ve found still in production.
John
(10-24-2018, 10:45 AM)jstraw Wrote: My grandfather used a Bluegrass hammer.  My father has always used a Bluegrass hammer.  My first tool gift as a child was a Bluegrass hammer.  I still have it, plus 5 more Bluegrass models.

I do have a couple of Vaughan that are the closest to my Bluegrass that I’ve found still in production.
Have you ever seen a Sargent claw hammer????..I have the only one I have ever seen...I also look for Maydoles.. They seem to be scarce...
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(10-24-2018, 11:07 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: .........................
Have you ever seen a Sargent claw hammer????..I have the only one I have ever seen...I also look for Maydoles.. They seem to be scarce...

Haven’t seen a Sargent or a Maydoles before. I guess my most unusual I have is a Henry Cheney from the late 1800s that has a spring loaded ball hearing holder. It was built into the claw, to start nails with.
John
(10-24-2018, 12:29 PM)jstraw Wrote: Haven’t seen a Sargent or a Maydoles before.  I guess my most unusual I have is a Henry Cheney from the late 1800s that has a spring loaded ball hearing holder.  It was built into the claw, to start nails with.

IIRC Maydole was first to design the claw hammer, but he failed to patent it and other makers used his idea...He didn't stay in business too long as a result but he made good hammers...Cheney made good hammers also but they are more commonly available....Germantown is another rather scarce name to find..I have one and it is a factory nickel plated claw hammer...Only one I have seen..."Germantown" was an old name for Philadelphia IIRC.

Get off my lawn !
Upset

Man, you guys need to get a handle on your addiction!

[Image: 32a4dd0c-b500-4b52-b7da-c6e2cfa33a1c_zpsaqful5gx.jpg]
(10-24-2018, 03:00 PM)highpi Wrote: Man, you guys need to get a handle on your addiction!

If I had a hammer............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl9OuBD7KR4

Get off my lawn !
Upset

(10-24-2018, 03:00 PM)highpi Wrote: Man, you guys need to get a handle on your addiction!

Uuhuh......
Raised  
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I'll play.  Standard hammers and larger mallets on the pegboard (got an affinity to Estwing):
[Image: PegBoard.jpg]
Finer Veritas (including their Journeyman brass mallets) and Grace to be found in one of the drawers:
[Image: IMG_1686.jpeg]