Show me your Hammers
Found this over the weekend
Have never seen a ball peen with a leather handle. Thought it was an Estwing but handle says MALCO.
Google doesn't show any other examples of a ball peen with a leather handle.

Attached Files Image(s)

(11-06-2018, 04:31 PM)Cian Wrote: I'll play.  Standard hammers and larger mallets on the pegboard (got an affinity to Estwing):
[Image: PegBoard.jpg]
Finer Veritas (including their Journeyman brass mallets) and Grace to be found in one of the drawers:
[Image: IMG_1686.jpeg]

Hey....you have too many toys, Big Boy !!!!!
Crazy
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(11-06-2018, 07:54 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ,,,,,,,,,,
Hey....you have too many toys, Big Boy !!!!!
Crazy  
Big Grin

And I can blame you for that!!
Upset
Big Grin
(11-06-2018, 09:26 PM)Cian Wrote: And I can blame you for that!!
Upset
Big Grin

Blush
Blush
Blush

Get off my lawn !
Upset

(10-09-2018, 05:16 PM)C. in Indy Wrote: This summer I found one of my Great-Grandfather's hammers and put a new handle on it.   That started me on a slope...

Here's my bench stuff now (omitting sledges and hatchets).  From left to right:
- Modern Stanley AntiVibe hammer, does indeed work pretty good!
- Just got here from Grainger... A British joiner's hammer or Warrington hammer, very cool.  You don't see many in the USA.
- My reliable Craftsman ball-peen.
- The 2-lb ball-peen from G-G-Father which I re-handled, modifying an ACE H/W handle.
- A cross-peen hammer which I handled from scratch hickory, probably my favorite of all these for how it feels and swings.
- A reliable rawhide mallet.

How about yours?

Chris
My hammer's bigger than yours.......
Rolleyes
Laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8M5MHFns1o

Get off my lawn !
Upset

A little diversion here...

Last summer's Avengers movie had a pretty cool scene where Thor's new forged hammer needed a handle.  I have since been re-handling some handles and very much enjoying the process.

I am ugly -- but my nephew got the movie-star looks.   Prior to Christmas Story, prior to Night Stalker, Darren McGavin had a "Thor" encounter of sorts.  Anyway, this represents me giving a re-hung vintage hammer to my "Thor" nephew.   He does have quite the handy mechanical aptitude and I think he's going to like the vintage tool:

Happy woodworking!
Chris
Chris
Speaking of hammers, I can’t find my Veritas brass plane hammer anywhere. If any of you borrowed it, please put it back.
John
Wasn't me.
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020