Hanging boat baby cradle plans?
Dave,

I modified the last two cradles I built from the popular Wood Magazine pendulum design to be completely knock-down. The stand comes apart in three pieces (two uprights and the trestle) and the basket into four (two sides and two ends).

I'll do the same with this design, too.
Semper fi,
Brad

(10-12-2018, 09:51 AM)CLETUS Wrote: The cradle is beautiful, but completely impractical. I'd start getting nervous when they start moving a bit, 3 months maybe?

I just turned 41... no freaking way.
Uhoh

All of my woodworking is impractical.  I have thousands of dollars worth of tools and build fewer than a dozen things a year.

Laugh
Semper fi,
Brad

Well, despite the doom and gloom and predictions of a certain death for my child if he slept in the cradle I built, my son is now 14 years old and in fine health. He never once fell out of it and was never in danger of doing so.
My parents told me that when we would go visiting 70 years ago and I was months old, the host would pull a drawer out from a bureau of drawers and empty it and line it with blankets and that would be the "travelling crib".  

I'm still alive 70 years later.  Does that make the ersatz crib safe?  I don't think so.

It is anecdotal and of no scientific value.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(10-12-2018, 11:45 AM)Cooler Wrote: It is anecdotal and of no scientific value.

I'm not trying to offer anything of scientific value. I only showed the cradle I built which worked just fine for my son. I never told anyone to build the same thing and I'm not making the plans for it available to anyone.
Hey, so this was a question about where to find the plans.

It's not an argument about their perceived lack of safety.

Let's keep it on track.
Semper fi,
Brad

All the debate on safety aside, I gotta say that is the coolest looking crib I've ever seen. 
Yes
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?