Norm
I don't recall seeing that anyone mentioned this, but the NYW website is in the process of loading all 21 seasons of episodes up for viewing here:

https://www.newyankee.com/watch/

Looks like they've got about 1/3 of them loaded.  Good move, as people will watch and then buy the plans.  I actually miss this series, wish they would do a "rewind" with new episodes, at least for one season....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(10-11-2018, 01:41 PM)Admiral Wrote: I don't recall seeing that anyone mentioned this, but the NYW website is in the process of loading all 21 seasons of episodes up for viewing here:

https://www.newyankee.com/watch/

Looks like they've got about 1/3 of them loaded.  Good move, as people will watch and then buy the plans.  I actually miss this series, wish they would do a "rewind" with new episodes, at least for one season....

This is great! Thank you.
Zachary Dillinger
https://www.amazon.com/author/zdillinger

Author of "On Woodworking: Notes from a Lifetime at the Bench" and "With Saw, Plane and Chisel: Making Historic American Furniture With Hand Tools", 

Thank Rich!
xxxxxxxxx
This will bring back some memories watching these again.
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
Good to know, though I have everything (other than the outdoor furniture that I am not interested in) burned on DVDs way back.

Simon
Thanks for the reminder! There was a long thread on this some months back when the plans were first announced. 

I will have to see if I can download them to my iPad to watch while flying.

Of course, there is an entire season of some new show on Amazon called Woodcademy! 
Big Grin
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(10-11-2018, 07:43 PM)handi Wrote: Of course, there is an entire season of some new show on Amazon called Woodcademy! 
Big Grin

Related to Rob Cosman in any way?
Laugh 

Simon
Great, wonderful, excellent and well overdue.

I'm about to retire, now I'll have a morning ritual to watch Norm again.

Interesting that they seem to be sponsored by Festool.  The world marches onward, Delta and Porter Cable are shadows of their former selves when NYW was new.
“Poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten”
(10-12-2018, 11:25 AM)SawDat Wrote: Great, wonderful, excellent and well overdue.

I'm about to retire, now I'll have a morning ritual to watch Norm again.

Interesting that they seem to be sponsored by Festool.  The world marches onward, Delta and Porter Cable are shadows of their former selves when NYW was new.

After watching a couple of his videos on the site, I just realized some of the unsafe tablesaw practices he used! For example, he cut a blind slot on a plywood by dropping the sheet on a spinning blade, and he even pulled (not pushed) the sheet back a little as the blade was going -- all this on his Delta saw which was not equipped with a riving knife or splitter.

So be on the look-out for any unsafe shop practices and don't copy them.

Simon
Sort of in the same vein as "unsafe", I loved Norm's shows, along with Roy, until I realized Norm never setup his tools, never had a failure, and if you look, never had an overcut of his tablesaw dado cuts--even with no more than a guide to keep the wood sort of square. He worked in a big room, stepped to a new [EXPENSIVE] tool and pushed the start button to complete an operation in less than 15 seconds, even if there were 20 cuts. 

The show soured me to him, and stationary tools. After watching part of a second show last night, I had a powerful case of deja vu. His show is as fictional as watching the Trilogy by Tolkien. At least Roy breaks a sweat.