Downtime?
I like to stay busy...as the worst thing about being an "Old Retired Guy"  is BOREDOM.     For some reason, I just can't sit around, doing nothing.   I usually tell others that this Hobby keeps me out of the Taverns.  

Have a bunch of Oak "scraps" on the bench right now....trying to "plan" a project around those.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Oak scraps can be made into fancy Oak boxes....

The Boss has decided a new end table would be nice....as the old, pallet wood Oak table has seen better days...can't turn any legs, now a days....no lathe.   Tapered legs it will be....drawer?....maybe a bottom shelf?   Maybe  both?    Oak?   Or, Ash?  

When the lumber gets here, we'll see what can be built.   Until then..box builder?
Will start a separate "Build Thread" later today, but.....two panels have been glued up.    Will be cutting two end panels to match.   have a LOT of grooves to mill into some Oak to make the frame parts.....not only to house the raised panels....some need a groove to house the box's bottom panel.    First, need to remove the clamps from the two glue ups...

Stay tuned.....for "Just Another Box" thread...
Cool
Feeling "under the weather" today...not a whole lot got done....maybe tomorrow, eh.

Took Veteran's Day off.....( 37 years, US Army.   Retired)
Thank you for your service Bandit.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(11-11-2018, 09:51 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Thank you for your service Bandit.
Hello Bandit;

We appreciate your time in service! That is a very long career....
Skip