Cleaning Rockler Glue Roller?
So I've got this glue roller that worked great, however I didn't know I was supposed to leave a fair amount of glue on to dry to make it all easier to remove.  Even at that, I can see that it still wouldn't be easy.  Anyhow, the glue is not coming off without my having to use a pair of tweezers on every groove.  As I can't see myself doing that after every glue up, is there an easier way to do this besides cleaning it off before the glue dries?
Call Rockler. If they don't have the answer, hope you didn't pay too much.

Actually, if you used any of the Titebond glues, you can soak the thing in water and the glue will get sludgy. It may take a while to cure, but that's how I know #III is not water proof.
Well, I ended up putting the roller in some boiled water and let it sit for a few minutes.  After a while, the glue softened and swelled up and was easier to peal away.  Definitely, next time I use it, I'll keep it loaded so that pealing off will be easier or I'll clean it off ASAP, before the glue has a chance to dry.
Good. You found the answer. Sorry, I was being snarky and backed up to be helpful. I don't like Rockler ... and all their pricey gizmos. 

You can make the thing work with very little stuck on glue, and save. Probably easier to clean as well.
While Rockler does come out with a lot of gizmos (some not so pricey when on sale), I would give them credits for their trying and sometimes they have good innovation. They don't sit back and are pretty active in releasing new products. One good example is their material mate panel cart and shop stand. Not cheap, but other better solutions are 6 to 10 times more expensive.

The free article and video sources on their magazine homepage (woodworker's journal) are also pretty solid, if you are not a paid member of the Fine Woodworking (most good stuff is not free there).

Simon
(10-13-2018, 11:57 AM)hbmcc Wrote: Good. You found the answer. Sorry, I was being snarky and backed up to be helpful. I don't like Rockler ... and all their pricey gizmos. 

You can make the thing work with very little stuck on glue, and save. Probably easier to clean as well.

No worries...I'm a cranky old man myself.
Far as Rockler goes, they do have some nice Rockler stuff.  I've a new of their hinge jigs that I've used over and over again.  I also use their router bits, as it's nice to know that if I have any issues with them, I can drive 5 minutes away and get them replaced, which I have done.  I've had more issues with Woodcraft over the years, but that's another thread.
Thanks for the replies.
Cool
The glue roller I had, I just threw the top into a bucket of water overnight. Weighted it down of course.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

That's wild. I find Woodcraft very helpful, and Rockler on the cusp of disgusting. It's not just hit or miss--and I really don't think my vibes radiate. I go in every 6 months hoping to avoid the nightmare drive to Woodcraft.
(10-13-2018, 09:25 PM)hbmcc Wrote: That's wild. I find Woodcraft very helpful, and Rockler on the cusp of disgusting. It's not just hit or miss--and I really don't think my vibes radiate. I go in every 6 months hoping to avoid the nightmare drive to Woodcraft.

Didn't want to make this a Rockler vs Woodcraft thing.  That said, it could just be that I've hit Woodcraft on a bad day here or there and since I can only make it there about once a year, it turns out to be an overall bad thing.  Rockler is local to me and I'm in there about once every couple of weeks, so I'm used to their ways.  If WC were my local store, I'd likely get used to their ways too.  I must say, WC has more of what I like.
I have yet to find a need to use anything more than my finger, an old credit card, or a cheap flux brush (for tight work) to spread glue applied straight from the bottle.
What is the attraction for the things like rollers?
Ray