Ventless Dryer
We recently had to replace our washer and dryer and settled on LG from Big Orange.

Our back porch is screened in and the dryer vent is on the porch. Needless to say the dryer exhaust was not nice.

LDG came to the rescue they offer a VENTLESS dryer and it has made all the difference. NO MORE exhaust on the back porch and my wife loves it.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

(10-14-2018, 05:46 PM)GeorgeV Wrote: We recently had to replace our washer and dryer and settled on LDG from Big Orange.

Our back porch is screened in and the dryer vent is on the porch. Needless to say the dryer exhaust was not nice.

LDG came to the rescue they offer a VENTLESS dryer and it has made all the difference. NO MORE exhaust on the back porch and my wife loves it.

Hi George - please explain - my vent on an older dryer mainly exhausts heat and stray lint - does this dryer have a collection area for the lint and is the heat contained in your house (which could be fine or not?)?  Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
https://www.reviewed.com/laundry/feature...ess-dryers
John T.
YES,
LINT COLLECTS IN A LINT TRAP AND WATER REMOVED IS COLLECTED IN A CONTAINER THAT DOESN'T NEED TO BE EMPTIED AFTER EACH USE. IT IS CLEAN WATER AN CAN BE USED TO WATER PLANTS.
LG DLEX888W/DLEC888R PURCHASED AT BIG ORANGE
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

Thanks for your responses - have an old Kenmore washer & dryer which are still going strong but would like more efficient units w/ much better water conservation.  Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
Learned something new today. Wonder why "conventional dryers don't have fresh air intakes? In Wisconsin winters, it might be tough to dry clothes, although I remember lots of people hanging them outside on lines in the winter.
I would be happier if I could find a decent damper that was a little more efficient than a piece of swinging aluminum.
This sounds neat... but i think the high cost and longer cycle times will make it something that takes a LONG time for the folks in the US to adopt.  Only people using will be special situations where you can't punch a hole in the wall...etc.  We'd need a president and govt that's even more concerned about the environment than Obama was to get vented dryers outlawed, like in Switzerland.  Being that half of congress are oil tycoons, don't see that happening for a number of years!

Colin