Lehigh dovetail jig question
Has anyone used a Lehigh TD 514 dovetail jig?
Good, bad?
There's one for sale locally and I was wondering about it?
I thought I read that it requires Lehigh router bits?
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(10-15-2018, 07:01 AM)Pirate Wrote: Has anyone used a Lehigh TD 514 dovetail jig?
Good, bad?
There's one for sale locally and I was wondering about it?
I thought I read that it requires Lehigh router bits?

I couldn't find much about the Leigh TD 514 from a quick google search, except the manuals from Leigh Jigs and one for sale on E-Bay for $75. This throws up a red flag to me.

From a glance at the manual, it looks related to the D4R in some way.

The Leigh D4R is considered the best jig on the market. There is a Porter Cable (model?) that come in second. Recollecting from one of the wood working magazines tool test.

I don't know enough about this jig to say much, but when you can get one on e-bay for $75, I would pass. The bits from Leigh are not cheap and you would need at least 2, a straight bit and a dovetail bit. Not to mention a guide collar on your router.
WoodTinker