Saw Sharpeners Revisited
I know this topic has been raised numerous times, but I need to raise it again.

I found a really nice old Stanley miter box with a great Disston miter saw over the weekend for $40 (minor gloat). I bought it for my daughter to use for framing her artwork. The saw is a classic, straight with a wonderful handle, but it is dull as a butter knife. I need to have it sharpened. I'm a novice saw sharpener. I don't want to wreck this saw - which is a distinct possibility if I tackled the sharpening job myself. Who is sharpening saws theses days? Most of the guys I know that were in the sharpening business have given it up and moved on to other things. Who would do a good job of putting this old Disston back into service?

TIA.

Hank
(10-15-2018, 09:26 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: I know this topic has been raised numerous times, but I need to raise it again.

I found a really nice old Stanley miter box with a great Disston miter saw over the weekend for $40 (minor gloat). I bought it for my daughter to use for framing her artwork. The saw is a classic, straight with a wonderful handle, but it is dull as a butter knife. I need to have it sharpened. I'm a novice saw sharpener. I don't want to wreck this saw - which is a distinct possibility if I tackled the sharpening job myself. Who is sharpening saws theses days? Most of the guys I know that were in the sharpening business have given it up and moved on to other things. Who would do a good job of putting this old Disston back into service?

TIA.

Hank

Right now I don't have the time, too much going on.  Give Enjuneer a ping, he does a good job and knows what he is doing.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(10-15-2018, 09:26 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: I know this topic has been raised numerous times, but I need to raise it again.

TIA.

Hank

Hi Hank,

I can sharpen the saw for you. I've been doing a lot of sharpening lately, so my fingers are limbered up. I should be able to start on it in a week or two, as I have three customer jobs on the bench right now.

Thanks,
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com