A stroll down memory lane
Jack, I remember those.  Those are quality, useful tools...   So very often - and it seems more often so today - you cannot get tools of this nature that work well.  

Those are gorgeous...  
Yes
The wrong kind of non-conformist.

http://www.norsewoodsmith.com
Those are beautiful ! And it has been a very long time since I have been here as well.
Brent

Coming at ya from the Bayou State.
(10-25-2018, 10:10 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I found this video and I think it shows pretty much how it works, Dom...Near the end of the video he makes a  foam wing and shows his method.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlQZFib8PiM

Jack,

I watched this video this morning, very interesting. Thanks for sharing it.  I doubt I'll build a plane anytime soon, but I'm a how it's made junky. Lol.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
(10-19-2018, 07:35 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: ......................
That's pretty cool, Dom...How much voltage does it require ??

Hey Dom, I built a hot wire foam cutter for RC planes too. Mine uses a power supply from a laptop as well and the heat is controlled by a router speed controller from Harbor freight. Mine runs automatically using an adjustable weight. The bow has a follower wheel on it. I hit the switch and it takes off when the wire cuts the foam. At the end of the cut I turn it off. Works great. I've already built Ron Chidgey's Tiger Tail from it. These foam wire cutting machines are fantastic if you want to cut a bunch of foam cores. For only one wing, they are a lot of work. My problem is the planes I want to build only show the templates and dimensions for a foam wing core. I could still cut ribs out and build the old fashioned way but that is a lot of work too.

carl