Eye protection
I need glasses so I put my goggles over my glasses. Vision becomes impaired. Any suggestions regarding types of eye protection?
(10-16-2018, 08:27 PM)Gibbcutter Wrote: I need glasses so I put my goggles over my glasses. Vision becomes impaired. Any suggestions regarding types of eye protection?

https://www.toolsforworkingwood.com/stor...%20glasses

The OTS ones offer clear viewing, unlike other plastic OTG protection.

Simon
These are great
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(10-16-2018, 09:10 PM)Aram Wrote: These are great

One comment (Jan. 22, 2018) noted that the package for those glasses says they are not suitable for wearing over prescription glasses. The package info. seems to contradict the product description on the webpage.

Simon
I wear glasses and biting the bullet for a new pair of prescription shop glasses with side protection is the only way to assure I use them. Anything like those shown--doubled up--is total irritation. You can get glasses on line for very little expense. My son's are well under $50 for single vision.
(10-16-2018, 10:06 PM)hbmcc Wrote: Anything like those shown--doubled up--is total irritation.

Agreed.

Simon
I wear regular prescription safety glasses with side shields while working in the shop.

Not sure of your occupation, but if safety glasses are required where you work, your company is obligated to pay for them...

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
I wear Wiley X Vapor wrap-arounds with a prescription insert.

Link

Interchangeable shields allow me to switch from clear for in-shop use, to dark grey for outside work, to amber for wear at the range.  Mil-spec ballistic protection.

I bought them online; paid about $260 for the setup, IIRC. That price included the inserts with progressive lenses, anti-scratch, UV blocker, yadda, yadda.
I use Uvex anti-fog goggles.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Like you, I need glasses. I find this: face shield to be very useful. It also offers protection for my entire face (although a few more dings wouldn't be noticed.)
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!