Well crap!!
Curly maple and ebony Christmas ornament. Before and after I dropped it pics!

Attached Files Image(s)

Dang.Feel your pain,that was looking mighty purty,love the contrast.Any chance of a save?

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I love how you added the ebony in between the maple it really made it stand out.  So sorry it was dropped.  Was it for the swap?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(10-20-2018, 02:55 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: Curly maple and ebony Christmas ornament. Before and after I dropped it pics!

Yes indeed.

BTDT, though not with anything as exotic as ebony.  I have glued the point into a separate extension, or just sanded back.  Not you'll feel any better.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Do as MM said,try and salvage it,it is too nice to scrap.

Mel
Thanks guys. After I dropped it I shut everything down and went and watered the plants. Today is a new day and I'll make another one and figure out if this one can be saved. It's only wood and I have more.

Arlin, yes it was for the swap.
(10-21-2018, 09:30 AM)FrankAtl Wrote: Thanks guys. After I dropped it I shut everything down and went and watered the plants. Today is a new day and I'll make another one and figure out if this one can be saved. It's only wood and I have more.

Arlin, yes it was for the swap.

Good for you for not giving up.Best of luck,smart thing to walk away for a while.Looking forward to the new pics.

Mel
Even with a short finial it'll still be beautiful.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Agree with Gary. When cleaned up, only the maker will know that it isn’t what was intended. Nothing ruined, just changed. Wonderful, beautiful work.
Thanks Gary/Peter. It just looked so much better with the long finial! I'm just learning to do nice finials and I was pretty proud of that one. May be one day I'll get a good as Cindy Drozda!