Fine Woodworking is changing online access
(10-29-2018, 07:37 AM)WxMan Wrote: Hmmm.  Discontinued even though it's still being advertised on TV now?

I could be wrong on this.  If you call their 800 number they might have more to offer than the web site does.  If you have success, please let us know.  There may be others who want to grab the $34.95 website plan before it's history.

Mike
(10-29-2018, 07:53 AM)Ohio Mike Wrote: I could be wrong on this.  If you call their 800 number they might have more to offer than the web site does.  If you have success, please let us know.  There may be others who want to grab the $34.95 website plan before it's history.

Mike

I'm recording today's episode that will run on Create TV (a PBS OTA digital channel); that's where I keep seeing the ads.  If I recall correctly, they advertise a web site to go to for details.
I hope I am wrong, but FW seems to be heading the path PW has gone: Thinking woodworkers don't think, and are all suckers.
$99 is not a lot of money (it will get you only a cordless drill), but almost tripling the current price for a new customer (assuming the grandfather plan does exist) is insane. Good luck to them.

PW: 25 pages of ads in some 65 pages? Its ad rates must be among the lowest (in order to attract advertisers).

I never listen to those FW/any podcasts (hr long?), as time is better spent in the shop than hearing a few guys or gals blah, blah, blah on woodworking bits and pieces.

Simon
I have the online subscription and glad to know I can still keep it.
Don