cleaning glue off my clamps
I have tried soap and water, acetone, used a sharp chisel to get the bulk off, tried gasoline, mineral spirits, brake cleaner, even some left over paint thinner then oiled. They are still sticking. Any suggestions other than being more careful when glueing up blanks.
Bucket of water, couple of days maybe. Then dry and oil
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

A heat gun will remove most glue, or at least soften it up so you can scrape it off.
Once you get them clean, use this stuff to prevent the glue from sticking anymore.
Teflon Dry Spray
Slow cooker and dish soap.  

Remove the smaller parts and put them in a  crock pot or other slow cooker with some dish washing soap and leave it over night.  The combination of heat and water and soap will remove almost everything (including epoxy--which can't handle the heat).
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
best way is to avoid it, a short piece of blue tape under each glue joint where it will contact the clamp, have not had to clean glue off clamps for 10 years now.   Ray
What kind of clamps, wood or metal? For metal just hit the areas with a wire wheel. For wood once you clean the you can poly the wood and the glue will just pop off.
Don
(11-01-2018, 07:47 AM)DFJarvie Wrote: What kind of clamps, wood or metal? For metal just hit the areas with a wire wheel. For wood once you clean the you can poly the wood and the glue will just pop off.

yep... wire wheel for metal parts. Every shop needs a grinder with a wire wheel.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Mostly F clamps. A couple Jorgensen and a few pipe clamps. Wire wheel sounds good to get started I have one I can put in a drill. Thanks
I bought the Harbor Freight buffet and put my wire wheels on it. It works well.
Don
(11-01-2018, 09:58 AM)DFJarvie Wrote: I bought the Harbor Freight buffet and put my wire wheels on it. It works well.

They have buffet's now??
Cool
Laugh
Big Grin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020