Posting about GrIzzly
On another forum I asked what the advantage of buying a Sawstop from Grizzly and nobody could really come up with a good reason.  Someone said that Grizzly knows how to ship large items and I said I have 8 places that are within 20 miles that carry Sawstops and I can actually touch it and take it home with me.  I also said the last time I tried to buy from Grizzly the item was back ordered for a couple of weeks then I found out it was back ordered for a couple of months.  I ended up going to one of the places near me and buying a similar item for about the same price and took it home and I didn't have to drive a day to get it either.
(11-01-2018, 12:18 PM)fixtureman Wrote: On another forum I asked what the advantage of buying a Sawstop from Grizzly and nobody could really come up with a good reason.  Someone said that Grizzly knows how to ship large items and I said I have 8 places that are within 20 miles that carry Sawstops and I can actually touch it and take it home with me.  I also said the last time I tried to buy from Grizzly the item was back ordered for a couple of weeks then I found out it was back ordered for a couple of months.  I ended up going to one of the places near me and buying a similar item for about the same price and took it home and I didn't have to drive a day to get it either.

I detect no question in your post.  Are you just venting or spreading the feces around to more sites???
WoodNET... the new safespace
+1. Pointless post. You can also buy an F150 at a dealership or an carvana. Take your pick.

One advantage of buying from Grizzly is they ship anywhere, and you might be able to avoid sales tax.
(11-01-2018, 12:18 PM)fixtureman Wrote: On another forum I asked what the advantage of buying a Sawstop from Grizzly and nobody could really come up with a good reason.  Someone said that Grizzly knows how to ship large items and I said I have 8 places that are within 20 miles that carry Sawstops and I can actually touch it and take it home with me.  I also said the last time I tried to buy from Grizzly the item was back ordered for a couple of weeks then I found out it was back ordered for a couple of months.  I ended up going to one of the places near me and buying a similar item for about the same price and took it home and I didn't have to drive a day to get it either.
Probably none unless you live in the vicinity of their Washington or Missouri warehouse.  As it sits now the 10% e-mail coupon that just expired on Halloween did not exclude SawStop.  It may in the future.  Just so I can get on the correct side of the argument,  is this a SawStop haters thread or a Grizzly haters thread? 
Big Grin
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
A pointless post? And you are responding to it with your own points? What a hypo.

Simon
(11-01-2018, 01:32 PM)CARYinWA Wrote: Probably none unless you live in the vicinity of their Washington or Missouri warehouse.  As it sits now the 10% e-mail coupon that just expired on Halloween did not exclude SawStop.  It may in the future.  Just so I can get on the correct side of the argument,  is this a SawStop haters thread or a Grizzly haters thread? 
Big Grin

Add in the fact they also started carrying Festool and you have the trifecta of woodworking threads, only outdone is you are somehow able to draw in sharpening to the mix.  
Laugh
(11-01-2018, 03:25 PM)Huxleywood Wrote: Add in the fact they also started carrying Festool and you have the trifecta of woodworking threads, only outdone is you are somehow able to draw in sharpening to the mix.  
Laugh

Well, sharpening, not much fancy sharpening media available at Griz!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
The question is what is the benefit of buying from Grizzly
(11-01-2018, 05:04 PM)fixtureman Wrote: The question is what is the benefit of buying from Grizzly

There is only a benefit if you see one.  I buy very little from Grizzly that is not Grizzly.  Between tax and shipping there is rarely a deal.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
(11-01-2018, 05:04 PM)fixtureman Wrote: The question is what is the benefit of buying from Grizzly

Unless one has an issue with Grizzly it should be what is the benefit of buying a Sawstop from any etailer.   There is really two that come time mind in that light.  First, there are people who don't live within a reasonable distance to a retailer so they have none of the local dealer benefits so they order from an etailer they feel comfortable with which for some might be Grizzly.  Second, it may still allow them to avoid paying sales tax.  I am purposely avoiding the discussion of use tax filings.  

There was a time when Sawstop protected their dealer network and limited the shipping within a dealers "territory", I assume that has changed.