Picked up a Domino 700
(11-09-2018, 07:23 PM)alanealane Wrote: Wouldn't that be a 220 volt 50hz motor for european use?

Congrats on the purchase by the way!
 I was strictly talking the accessories like the systainer of domino assortments and any guides etc.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
(11-09-2018, 09:44 PM)CARYinWA Wrote:  I was strictly talking the accessories like the systainer of domino assortments and any guides etc.

Ah I see. That's what I get for being a lazy reader
Laugh
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
(11-09-2018, 07:23 PM)alanealane Wrote: Wouldn't that be a 220 volt 50hz motor for european use?

Congrats on the purchase by the way!

Actually, there are quite a few people that import the Euro tools, mainly the ones that are NAINA (not available in North America) but those are the only ones that it makes sense for.  The 50hz/60hz is a non-issue with universal motors but one obviously needs to run them on 240v and you have to switch out the plugs.  It also requires a transformer for site work since it is rare you would have a convenient 240v outlet.  The cost savings on tools is not near the savings on accessories and consumables so for tools available in the US it makes no sense due to the loss of US warranty service and the lack of stateside parts for much of the electrical side of the tools.  Sooner or later Festool will close the back door on Amazon but until then enjoy.
Well, I tried to order some of the large sets (12/14MM) from Amazon.de and am (apparently) not smart enough to do so. I sought out all the online help I could find and used Google Translator but couldn't get the items into my cart. I'll keep trying, but this is really a lot of work.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(11-10-2018, 06:58 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Well, I tried to order some of the large sets (12/14MM) from Amazon.de and am (apparently) not smart enough to do so. I sought out all the online help I could find and used Google Translator but couldn't get the items into my cart. I'll keep trying, but this is really a lot of work.

Hi Fred.   I did this for the 500 assortment in 2017.  I joined amazon.de with email (different from the one I use on U.S. amazon) and password.  Somewhere along the line I was able to choose english language.  It worked.
I just logged in and the 500 domino set is 167.41 euro including german VAT, free shipping within Europe.  As I recall, if you get this far and ship to US address, they will calculate a delivered price just before order.
In 2017 the full set (dominos, systainer, and cutters) was roughly $210 delivered to me.
Maybe what I was doing wrong was trying to use my US amazon account. I had read somewhere that once you belong to Amazon, you belong to all of them. I may try a new account and see what happens.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(11-05-2018, 01:43 PM)Huxleywood Wrote: The place I bought from got their hand slapped by Festool so they quit selling internationally, Amazon.de carries them for about the same price as I paid.  I have used Amazon.de since and had good luck.  The only issue with Amazon is they go in and out of stock with the 500 assortment all the time but the 700 assortments are usually in stock.  Oddly enough currently the 500 assortment is in stock and the 2 700 assortments are OOS currently.

And why did they get their hand slapped ???

BECAUSE OF POSTS JUST LIKE THIS 
Rolleyes

Festool is not stupid or meek.  If you blatantly and publicly flaunt the cracks in the system - how long do you think they'll be available to others ?  Pretty selfish of you now that you have your lifetime's supply of Dominos.  But not great for those that might want product going forward.  It was exactly posts like this that got Axminster's easy process canned.

You might consider redacting your post and dispensing the advice in a Private Mail so that the channels remain open in the future.  "Secret" deals don't remain very long if people run their mouths in public.   By all means, pass on the info.  Just be careful where you advertise.
Too much coffee this morning????????
Kidding me? Discussing something that is an open secret in the Festool world would result in a negative response from Festool? The Festool Forum (funded by Festool) has gone over this .de thing before.

Simon
Just an update: I went back to amazon.de again, and found their English language button. Then I noticed the large tenon sets are only available for sale to prime member. We are prime members (US) but that doesn't seem to count in Germany. So I tried to set up a new prime account on the 30 day trial, and couldn't. Even so, I'm getting closer (I think).