Starrett tools
  Re: Starrett tools by Elijah A. (Hey, I would like to...)
(11-06-2018, 08:38 PM)Elijah A. Wrote: Hey, I would like to get 3" and 6"Starrett dividers and and 6" and 12" Starrett combo squares. Is it better to go new or vintage? Thx!

Eli

I don't know if they make dividers, but if you decide to go new for squares, PEC brand is very good.  USA made, very accurate and yet much lower price than Starrett, at least the last time I looked.
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
  Re: Starrett tools by Elijah A. (Hey, I would like to...)
The used Starret combo squares I see for sale always seem pretty beat.  And the new ones are too rich for my blood.  I'm a little suspicious of Starrett quality nowadays, but I suppose it's easy enough to check a square.
  Re: RE: Starrett tools by pprobus ([quote='Elijah A.' p...)
(11-07-2018, 08:24 AM)pprobus Wrote: I don't know if they make dividers, but if you decide to go new for squares, PEC brand is very good.  USA made, very accurate and yet much lower price than Starrett, at least the last time I looked.

For new, PEC stuff is solid and well within tolerances for woodworking.  Google Harry Epstein, they have "blems" of PEC stuff from time to time that are priced very aggressively.  Like this:

https://www.harryepstein.com/index.php/1...r-usa.html
Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis