fuel powered nailers
bought a nice hitachi brad nailer about a year ago not realizing the replaceable fuel cells on all of these type nailers apparently leak over time. I use the gun once every few months and have come to find out that what I thought was a full fuel cell was now empty. Is there any "fix" for this? Will removing the fuel cell after each use save the cell from leaking? I'm thinking i'm going to have to purchase a battery powered nailer that doesn't use a  fuel cell. I have looked at these and they are very heavy and bulky by comparison.
Thanks.  John
I use a Paslode at work fro time to time. We have never had a fuel leak issue. My first thought is to do as you suggest and remove the fuel cell between use. Other than that, no clue. 

Good luck and please report back on any success or not.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
John,  I have a couple of Paslodes and have not had any leaking, but the fuel does go bad after a while -  I think there is a date code on the fuel cells.  I agree, best to keep outside the gun anyway.
How about contacting Hitachi and see what they have to say?
(11-09-2018, 05:23 PM)jpohja Wrote: bought a nice hitachi brad nailer about a year ago not realizing the replaceable fuel cells on all of these type nailers apparently leak over time. I use the gun once every few months and have come to find out that what I thought was a full fuel cell was now empty. Is there any "fix" for this? Will removing the fuel cell after each use save the cell from leaking? I'm thinking i'm going to have to purchase a battery powered nailer that doesn't use a  fuel cell. I have looked at these and they are very heavy and bulky by comparison.
Thanks.  John
I have a propane torch that after a few years decided to leak. I use it infrequently like you so removing the fuel tank is not inconvenient.
I had a similar problem with a Hitachi nailer, it turned out that it was already broken before purchasing it. I did contact Hitachi and didn´t have any problem in getting a new one. I suggest you do the same just in case before buying a new one.