Sanding flap wheels that blew my mind
I've been a customer (and fan) of Supergrit for many years for their awesome prices on top notch abrasives, but recently made an order of several different types of flap wheels to try on removing the cambium layer under the bark on live edge slabs. I drawknife most bark and cambium off and needed a way to get the last stubborn fibers removed. 
The undisputed winner for me is called an "interleaved" flap wheel aka "abrasotex". It has scotchbrite material between each sandpaper flap which supports the flaps but let's them be very effective on uneven contours. 

I have no affiliation with Supergrit or the maker of these wheels. Just want to pass along something I'm excited to be using in the woodshop that makes my life much easier
Big Grin
Just today placed another order for more of them

Link
Check out how nice it sanded this maple live edge!
[Image: 45753417422_e2b979a844_z_d.jpg] [Image: 43986221270_5e0005f531_z_d.jpg]
[Image: 45802889971_afc1512ceb_z_d.jpg]

A bit o lacquer thinner to reveal the figure...sweet spalting just below the bark
[Image: 45079099174_5ca7f01baa_z_d.jpg]
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
I am guessing I do not know how to read the chart.  Is the first number how tall it is and then the second how wide?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Cool  Thanks for posting. I may have to try some of those.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-10-2018, 07:05 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I am guessing I do not know how to read the chart.  Is the first number how tall it is and then the second how wide?

First number is diameter, second number is how tall, third number is shank size. The other numbers across the top indicate grits.

Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
That is what I figured, but none of them are over 1" tall which would be excellent for using inside of turned bowls and such.  I was hoping that the first one would be the height which would be nice.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(11-11-2018, 08:01 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: That is what I figured, but none of them are over 1" tall which would be excellent for using inside of turned bowls and such.  I was hoping that the first one would be the height which would be nice.

I just looked again and they have a 2" diameter by 2" tall one, and a 3" diameter by 2" tall one
Wink
Alex