Electronic pest repellers
What is the BEST?

We've got mice.

Upset
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
not electric but get a cat
Never had any luck with them.  IMO the mice just avoid the local area of the trap.  About as effective as those mosquito sonic repellers.  NOT
I never had any success with the two I tried either.  Then I got a cat.  Then another.  Then 3 more.  Now I need an electronic cat repeller to get rid of some of them. 

John
The problem with them is the mice get used to the sound.

Hard to beat the 50c mouse trap. And seal up the hole they are getting in!
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

I have had good luck with the glue traps.  Roly
I don't know of any electronic pest repeller that works.  None.

I've trapped hundreds of mice since moving to the acreage 4 1/2 years ago.  I use these traps exclusively:  JAWS

I tried many different traps, including live traps.  I always came back to "snap traps".  The live traps started off OK, but sooner or later, the mice figured them out.

Poison was a waste of time.

The cat's too well fed; she would go after them when we first moved out here, but after a few months, she couldn't be bothered any longer.

I think the glue traps are cruel.  Instead of a quick snap, the mice will starve to death.

So I reverted back to the old standby "Victory" brand traditional trap.  But after six months, it was getting to the point with the Victory traps that the mice were able to get the peanut butter off the pressure plate, no matter what I did.  

I tried the Jawz traps about 3 1/2 years ago, and haven't used anything else since.  They fail to catch the mouse about 10% of the time (they're  either triggered or the bait taken). I'm down to six traps set all the time.  I only catch mice regularly in two spots in the basement now; both are on the sill plate on top of the foundation.  I get about about 2-3 per week.  There's no evidence (droppings, debris) of mice anywhere else in the house that I've seen.  The Jawz traps can be reused indefinitely.  I have about a dozen of them.  Haven't had to buy any new ones in a couple years.

More than you asked, but I wouldn't waste time or a single dollar on an electronic device.
(11-11-2018, 05:27 PM)WxMan Wrote: I've trapped hundreds of mice since moving to the acreage 4 1/2 years ago.  I use these traps exclusively:  JAWS

I tried the Jawz traps about 3 1/2 years ago, and haven't used anything else since.  They fail to catch the mouse about 10% of the time (they're  either triggered or the bait taken). I'm down to six traps set all the time.  I only catch mice regularly in two spots in the basement now; both are on the sill plate on top of the foundation.  I get about about 2-3 per week.  There's no evidence (droppings, debris) of mice anywhere else in the house that I've seen.  The Jawz traps can be reused indefinitely.  I have about a dozen of them.  Haven't had to buy any new ones in a couple years.

I've not had any luck with the electronics either, same with the peppermint "deterrents" don't really seem to bother them, at least not as much as they bother SWMBO.

I've not seen JAWS before, look better than the Victory. Not sure I'd re-use them, not crazy about touching the mice, nor about cleaning the trap of remains.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
(11-11-2018, 08:18 PM)Scouter Wrote: snip... Not sure I'd re-use them, not crazy about touching the mice, nor about cleaning the trap of remains.

Agree.

For the little bit they cost, throw the whole thing away.

My parents had rats getting in their garage, I sealed up the overhead door real well, set traps, ended up getting about 6 of them.  Nasty little bastards.  I also got one of those getters to pick up the trap and toss it away.

Call me a p or whatever, not a fan of the rat (or mouse). 
No

Attached Files Image(s)

I made one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlLtMAeSNBM&t=186s

And it worked perfectly.  Super cheap and easy to make.

Very effective. Especially if you add water to the bucket.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me