quick quill depth stop for drill press
Test test test test

Attached Files Image(s)

I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Installed a resize app.
Here s a pic, that might be easier to see.!

Attached Files Image(s)

I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
(11-12-2018, 08:19 PM)Pirate Wrote: Installed a resize app.
Here s a pic, that might be easier to see.!

Look the same.

DT
Sorry, didn't mean to post the test 1.
I had posted a huge picture of
Initially.
Senior moment
(11-12-2018, 08:32 AM)Pirate Wrote: I never liked how long it took to adjust the 2 nut do stop, and the clamp on one I had from Grizz didn't fit my old Craftsman do.
So I made one, using a large nut, with a threaded hole in 1 flat.
Adjusts real fast.

(11-12-2018, 10:03 PM)Pirate Wrote: Sorry, didn't mean to post the test 1.
I had posted a huge picture of
Initially.
Senior moment

Very first one of the three was fine.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

If I remember right (probably not), there was an article in some magazine on how to manufacture your own. Problem is, even though I've wanted something different, I don't remember the article, nor did I get around to just making one. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
(11-10-2018, 10:35 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Grizzly lists a "quick quill depth stop" which I have been looking at.

Today, not for the first time, I was futzing with my drill press depth stop 
   and NOT having a good time.

Stock , 1968 Powermatic drill press with a 1/2-20 threaded rod depth stop
   that uses to nuts to "sorta" hold the wanted depth. Hard to adjust, because
   you have to tighten one against the other and , etc.  Blech.

Anyone here use one?  Looks like an elegant solution to my "problem."

And, we draw names for Christmas in the extended family.  I have been asked
    multiple times now "what I want for Christmas."   This may fill the bill....

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly-...Stop/G7316

I have a Delta X5 drill press and the quill stop is excellent, it has a round nut and a push button in nut, you just push the button and slide where you want and release. Don't know if this helps.

Here is 1 I found online:   http://www.renovoparts.com/a02567-stop-r...wer-tools/
For clarity, I took a pic on drill press.

(11-14-2018, 12:21 PM)Flat Lander Wrote: I have a Delta X5 drill press and the quill stop is excellent, it has a round nut and a push button in nut, you just push the button and slide where you want and release. Don't know if this helps.

Here is 1 I found online:   http://www.renovoparts.com/a02567-stop-r...wer-tools/

Interesting......didn't know Jim offered that. Have to see if it'll fit my Delta Radial Ram drill.

Thanks.

Ed