Woodjoy Bow Saw
Ordered a 400 Universal bow saw from Woodjoy Tools a few weeks ago. Had a chance to try it out in some birch yesterday - what a dream! Makes nice straight cuts without much effort - even in flame birch!

Going to use it to re-saw some smaller pieces for Christmas gifts I'm making - I think it will be great.
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
Thanks for the post....   I vaguely had heard the name before but I didn't know about their bow saw.  It looks enticing.  Action shots, please ?

Chris
Chris
OK - I'll work on some but it's a liitle tricky to hold the saw in one hand, the camera in another. Probably get the shop dog to help out.
Jim

Is it this guy?

[Image: IMGP2422.JPG?format=500w]

Which blade size did you get?  And what's the overall length of the blade?
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
I've been thinking about making a frame saw, mainly for rip cutting, and have wondered about the Woodjoy blades, especially the universal blades compared to the designated rip blades. I'm also wondering what's a good length. 600 mm? 700mm?
(11-12-2018, 10:12 AM)Bibliophile 13 Wrote: Is it this guy?

[Image: IMGP2422.JPG?format=500w]

Which blade size did you get?  And what's the overall length of the blade?
Yep - that's the one. I emailed Glenn and asked what saw he would recommend for someone just starting with a bow saw. He recommended the 400mm universal (both rip and crosscut). The blade is, of course 400 mm long and the kerf is about 0.025" thick. 

I'm really impressed with the quality and fit of the parts. Using it to cut flame birch and some oak leaves a really nice impression. The saw cuts fast (blade is new and really sharp) and it's pretty easy to cut straight lines if you have the work held properly.
Jim

(11-12-2018, 11:46 AM)overland Wrote: I've been thinking about making a frame saw, mainly for rip cutting, and have wondered about the Woodjoy blades, especially the universal blades compared to the designated rip blades. I'm also wondering what's a good length. 600 mm? 700mm?

Mine is 400 mm. I'd email Glenn and see what he thinks. He was pretty helpful with my questions.
Jim