Just another box build
Had a LOT of Oak scraps...the worst wound up in the fire pit....some of the rest was resawn down to thinner stuff..

And some were keep as is...others were already 1/2" thick...thought about gluing a few of the "better" ones up into a couple panels.

Maybe cut the longer ones in half, add a filler strip?  
Confused  

and cut this other in half for the end panels
Confused 

The shorter one is a "Plan B" sort of thing.  May find a use for it, later.   Had a bunch of stuff..
Rolleyes

That I could mill down into frame parts...for a Frame & Panel box.    Top can be milled from a 1 x 12 leftover.   Bottom panel can be a 1/4" plywood panel.

I let the two glue ups cure for a day, or so...while I was under the weather. 
No Took Sunday off...barely got any shop time Monday...that episode is coming up next
Winkgrin

Stay tuned..
Cool
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Ok, Monday's Episode...was maybe 3 hours long....while trying to stay out of the bathroom
No 

Got the two panels out of the clamps.   Cut them and the end panel blank to roughly the same width..and  jointed the edges straight..

Small parts...small jointer.   Millers Falls No. 11 ( #5-1/4 size).   joint one edge, flip this over (without things shifting) and joint the other edges.   Set the longer one aside for a bit

The "Front" and "Back" panels were trimmed to the same length, and were squared up.   Glue joints needed cleaned up..

Got this done for both panels
Cool 

Set these aside.   End panel blank needed cut in half....but, how to find the exact middle?
Confused  

I ran diagonals across, where the two lines crossed, a square could mark a cut line....all I had to do was split the line
Rolleyes 

In theory.   Needed to also square the other ends, and make sure these two matched each other.

Set the panels aside for a bit.....Those 1 x 3s over on the saw?   Needed ripped down to 1-1/2" wide....some were tapered, had to get rid of that.   Had other "issues", so..

Stay tuned, lots more to come
Winkgrin
Cool
Ok, "issues" with the frame pieces? 

Began with things like this...few if any of the parts were the same thickness, and a few even had snipe....resaw them all to the same thickness ( just over 11/16" final thickness)

Should be enough there, for most of the frame work?
Rolleyes   (still need four narrow stiles for the end frames)  Since I need a groove wherever a panel will go...and for the plywood bottom,

Need to reset the Stanley 45...from being a Dado Plane into a plough plane, with a #12 cutter. Grooves for the panels were easy to "jig up"

Add a pair of thin clamps..

Making sure which way the grain was running.   Had a few other toys in use..
Cool 

That Stanley No. 3c, was to level the rough sawn edge, and let me know which way the grain was going ( had to turn a couple blanks around)    Combo square set to the depth, to double check the 45's depth stop.   I rub the candle along the groove, once it gets started...plane doen't bind up, that way....

More to come, stay tuned..
Winkgrin
Hmm...had that old plough plane, why not use it?
Confused 

Was just way too long....it is sitting on one of the longer rails, in fact.  
Now, with all ( or most) of the panel grooves milled...needed to reset the jig, for the groove to house the box's bottom panel....All four bottom rails needed a groove like the one shown here...
Cool  

But, getting them MILLED was another thing..
Rolleyes

Got the two for the front and back parts done.....may try something else for the shorter end rails.  Had way too much trouble holding these in place....
Upset
Decided to finish the larger two frames first  ( while I figure out how to mill the end rails
Rolleyes )   Marked out for tenons on the rails, may get those made today
Rolleyes 

Got the rails cut to "final" length..will double check THAT later, today.   Where the bottom panel's grooves meet the stiles, will hand cut to finish the groove, without any  thing showing to the outside.   Stiles for the end panel.    They will be narrower....and a Tongue & Groove Joint  used to align and glue up the corners of the box.

First, I had to fix another problem.....stock fence on the saw was trying to move around during a rip cut....FIRED that fence!   Have a "backup"
Rolleyes 

LONG ago, back when WOOD had a decent  online forum, I made a replacement  fence for a small DeWalt 10" Jobsite saw.....it also works as a large speedsquare, a guide for circular saw cuts, and as a guide for the electric (
Rolleyes ) Router.    A cleat along the back edge lines up to the edge of the tablesaw's table, at 90 degrees.    C clamped to the rail of the old fence.   Will see IF it still works for this saw.   May need a second c clamp.  
Confused 

Maybe later, after Lunch, I can try to get a bit more done?  We'll see..
Winkgrin 

Stay tuned..

Attached Files Image(s)

Looking good so far! 

Are you going to have enough fuel for heat this winter? Those scraps are shrunk pretty small.....
You do a lot in just 4 hours. 
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Seems to be about the "time limit" for working in the shop.....3-5 hours is about it.    Any longer, and I be paying the price the next day, or so...

Started at 2pm, today....finally quite just after 5pm.   tested a "new" tablesaw fence....looks like one c clamp  will do.. had the stiles for the end panels to rip down to the same width...even had to cobble up a push stick....
Rolleyes 

Basically, I ripped the worst of each stile off.   Didn't even measure, just got the skinniest of the four, set the fence to just skim it.   Then the "fun" could begin...milling those grooves...somehow managed to get all four milled, but it wasn't easy...was hard to get a jig that would hold the parts steady, long enough to plough the groove..
No 

Between the backer block, and the two washers....was a hammer fit...for a few times...by the fourth groove, had to add other items to lock it down.....set these aside, for now.

Figured out tenons....trying for 1/2" ones, allowing for the 1/4" deep grooves....Also wanted them to be haunched...well, 3 out of 4, anyway..
Rolleyes 

bottom rails.   Bandsaw to make a few cuts...looks like it is about time to change to a sharper blade....Once the tenons were done, I could set up and do the mortises for the top rails..

As these were easy to do....the hard ones were for the bottom rails....used the panel to help locate where the mortises needed to be..

Had to allow for how far into the grooves the panel will go.   mark that, and then set the bottom rail to that mark, and mark the mortise location...PITA.

Hmm, well that be it for part one of today's follies...stay tuned for Part 2...
Winkgrin
Ok.  Part 2.    I test fitted each part, as I went along..

As I got each stile mortised up, I also cut the foot profile...

Until I had all four stiles done.   Then a beltsander to smooth out the curve, and get them all the same shape....
Rolleyes  

Ok, next I did a little panel raising...
Cool 

Ok, this is the way Paul Sellers does his..( I used a #3, he uses a #4 Stanley) I tried all four bevels like this...knuckles wer getting a might too close to the vise.  Second panel was raised, with it clamped flat on the bench.....knuckles were safe
Winkgrin 

First panel was ready for a dry fit, with clamps, to see how things would fit, and where the clamps should go..
Uhoh 

Clamps won't work like this.  Ok.....the panel also turned out to be about a 1/16" too long
Upset  Took this all apart, trimmed and re-beveled the end....second try?
Confused

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
Second dry fit was a little bit better...decided to just glue it up...as is..
Winkgrin 

Fun part, was adding that oak strip, as a caul.  That way, the clamps pulled everything towards the top of the stiles.  C clamp to flatten a joint that wanted to twist a bit.
Set this aside, and did a dry fit of the other side panel...

Might just work?   Left it sitting on the bench, as all the clamps are in use ( too small for the pipe clamps..) 

One wanting on the other.  Unable to do much else here....went to the tablesaw.    Laid out the length I need for the rails on the ends..and trimmed them to size..
Winkgrin 

I also had saved one of the cut-outs from the foot profile, to use on the stiles...

Yes, the stiles are very skiiny...but, whenI attach them to the other stiles to form the corner, they will look the same.  Will use a Tongue & Groove joint for the glue up at the corners.

And that was about it, for 3 hours of shop time.    or, was that a "3 hour tour"...
Uhoh
Winkgrin 

Stay tuned...will see what I can cobble up, tomorrow
Cool
I see you're grabbing that new #62 more and more.....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis