More adventures in 6 Board boxes
A couple months ago, I tried a Viking style chest and had a blast making it.   By the way, it's in the back of my car now:

Now I'm using some scraps for a smaller box.  I like the 6-board theme where Nails always drive into long grain rather than end-grain.  Also using more from the bag of Tremont wrought-head nails I have.   I left some face boards a bit long to minimize splitting, and started assembly.  It feels like a rock now, nice place to take a pause since it will be a while before I get back to it:

Happy woodworking,
Chris
Chris
Finishing this one up for a basic housewarming gift....
The top grain (lucky find of figured "mahogany" at a big-box store!) was pretty stubborn and I ended up eradicating tearout by planing perpendicular to the grain
Smile

It's just nails and screws, but sometimes that's OK.

Happy Woodworking,

Chris
Chris
(11-24-2018, 11:38 AM)C. in Indy Wrote: Finishing this one up for a basic housewarming gift....
The top grain (lucky find of figured "mahogany" at a big-box store!) was pretty stubborn and I ended up eradicating tearout by planing perpendicular to the grain
Smile

Chris
In my area figured wood is more common at HD and Lowes than on the "figured" bin at the specialty stores. Our Borg 'exotic' woods are oak and poplar.

Sweet looking pieces!