Router bit vs shaper cutter
Hey all, I have the Grizzly G1035 shaper. Currently using an adapter to spin router bits to cut rails and stiles.  Would I notice a difference if I bought cutters? I would also have to buy a spindle.  Thanks
Yes, you'll notice better performance. Cutters are designed to work at the lower speed of a shaper.
Semper fi,
Brad

They’ll take skin off your fingers much faster!

Nope, don’t ask.....
VH07V  
Get thee a power feeder. You'll like better having a shaper versus a router table, but will love it with a feeder (and your fingers will really love you!).
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
A proper shaper cutter will give you a much better finish and be a lot less dusty. You'll never go back! I haven't used my router table in ages now that I am set up with a shaper. If you use a Euroblock cutter and just buy knives for the profile you want, it is often cheaper than router bits to boot. People are often terrified by the cost of shaper cutters, but it doesn't have to be that way.

I put together a little video on shaper in smaller shops and talk a lot about tooling that makes sense if you're not a huge operation. I'm not much of a videographer, but it might help!

B

https://youtu.be/mylYGzZC2yU