looking for a snow blower cover
it took me 3 years but i finally put down my single stage toro and picked up a pretty nice used 2 stage. i dont have the room in the shop to store it so gotta park it under the overhang(2') just outside the shop during the winter. im thinking a cover for it would be a good thing and lookin for input on any brand/model, etc of cover that will last and not tear to pieces in one winter. been reading some reviews this morning and looks like quite a few are basically good for inside storage- i prefer to have one i wont have to replace every year and will withstand michigan winter,too.
(11-26-2018, 09:56 AM)tomsteve Wrote: it took me 3 years but i finally put down my single stage toro and picked up a pretty nice used 2 stage. i dont have the room in the shop to store it so gotta park it under the overhang(2') just outside the shop during the winter. im thinking a cover for it would be a good thing and lookin for input on any brand/model, etc of cover that will last and not tear to pieces in one winter. been reading some reviews this morning and looks like quite a few are basically good for inside storage- i prefer to have one i wont have to replace every year and will withstand michigan winter,too.

Have you considered building a mini carport for it?  Flexible covers are going to become rigid tombs when snow melts and refreezes.  And you won't be able to put the cover back on until the engine cools down.  A simple box - top, front, one side, in which you can drive it into, might be a better solution.  

John
Farm stores sell various size canvas tarps.
Small tarp and a handful of tarp straps
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-26-2018, 10:58 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Farm stores sell various size canvas tarps.
Small tarp and a handful of tarp straps

now i feel like an person! why i didnt KISS i dont know.
our snowstorm we were sposed to have was way overplayed here so i can run it back to the shed for now.
Ariens sells blower covers.
Take your pick
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

(11-27-2018, 08:12 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Take your pick

Even more choices:

https://www.google.com/search?q=snow+blo...e&ie=UTF-8
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I use a grill cover from Sams's club 20 bucks.
Not sure if he's still in business, but this is/was a member here and made covers for snowblowers. I won a couple of his lumber covers in a Christmas auction, and they are very well made.
Yes

If you haven't already purchased one, you might consider supporting one of our own...

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(11-28-2018, 07:35 AM)Big Dave Wrote: Not sure if he's still in business, but this is/was a member here and made covers for snowblowers. I won a couple of his lumber covers in a Christmas auction, and they are very well made.
Yes

If you haven't already purchased one, you might consider supporting one of our own...

Dave

+1 on this idea.  

I purchased one of his covers for my SCMS and am very happy with it, well constructed and durable.  I got the impression that he was able to offer work with the customer if a custom cover was required but I may be mistaken about that.

Drop him a line and see what he has to offer, can't hurt to ask.

Steve