Bevel Rip Fence for the Band Saw
Just for the record, you can get clear PVC primer. The purple just makes it easier for the plumbing inspectors...
Big Grin
Big Grin
(11-28-2018, 01:21 PM)jlanciani Wrote: Just for the record, you can get clear PVC primer. The purple just makes it easier for the plumbing inspectors...
Big Grin
Big Grin

I know....I am the Charlie Brown pen / pencil pal of purple plastic plumbing primer.....phooey...
So your factory 4" dc outlet doesn't work well??

I have a MM16, almost identical saw. I use the factory port with no problems.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-28-2018, 11:55 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: So your factory 4" dc outlet doesn't work well??

I have a MM16, almost identical saw. I use the factory port with no problems.

I use a shop vac pulling though a Dust Deputy.
I do notice an improvement with the Cosman approach. By how much would be guess work.
Ok. Have you had a dust collector hooked to it before?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-29-2018, 10:00 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Ok. Have you had a dust collector hooked to it before?

No on a dust collector / 4" plumbing.
Yes, Shop vac through the OEM 4" port. Only the top port.
One option is to use a soda bottle as the end of the duct under the table. It can deform or even get cut when you tilt the table without a real problem, though it does sound horrendous as the blade cuts it.

To make tilting the blade quick and accurate, your saw may have the bolt used as a stop under the table. With the Delta style, you can make a series of bolts to swap out; when you adjust the tilt you simply loosen trunnions, put in the stop for the angle you want, push the table down to the stop and tighten the trunnions. I think this approach was described in John White's "Care and repair of shop machines".
(11-29-2018, 02:59 AM)AgGEM Wrote: I use a shop vac pulling though a Dust Deputy.
I do notice an improvement with the Cosman approach. By how much would be guess work.

Update: Bevel fence jig is almost finished, first test cut looks promising. Will post photos when the jig is more functional.

I had my first look inside the lower housing, after a month with the new Cosman DC setup. I can report significant improvement in dust collection with his plumbing method. There was very little dust to be found.