Sawstop test project
I got a UPS notice today that they are sending me a saw to test.
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
(02-18-2019, 01:37 PM)Large Wooden Badger Wrote: I got a UPS notice today that they are sending me a saw to test.

I'll be curious to see what its all about.  I really haven't received any information to speak of about it.

You agreed to not discuss your use of it....
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

Had to go back and read #7 again.
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
(11-28-2018, 11:08 AM)Chuck in NC Wrote: I received an email from Sawstop this morning asking if I wanted to become involved in a "component test project" on a benchtop saw.

Not interested but wondered if anyone here has taken them up.  Pasted message below.

Chuck

Hello from SawStop!

Are you an experienced Woodworker in the U.S.A.?
Are you interested in new developments? Then we are looking for you!
APPLY NOW for our component test project via sawstop.com/product-test. ONLY A FEW OPENINGS REMAIN.

SawStop is testing durability on a smaller implementation of our safety technology.
For testing purposes, the new components have been mounted in a typical benchtop saw (referred to as BNS1).
Please note: This saw is not planned as a future SawStop model.

Join the test project now and earn a $ 100 Thank You bonus!
With your participation, you are helping us protect woodworkers well into the future. THANK YOU!

What to do?
1. Apply now to become a participant of the BNS1 test project.
2. Upon acceptance, receive a new saw at no charge within Q1/2019.
(Receive more detailed information after acceptance.)
3. Use the saw in your daily routine and contact us if there are any issues during the usage.
4. RECEIVE $ 50 Amazon Gift Card: Give us your feedback about the saw after 3 months!
(Includes replacing and sending SawStop the saw's cartridge with prepaid shipping)
5. RECEIVE $ 50 Amazon Gift Card: Give us your feedback about the saw after 12 months!
(Includes replacing and sending SawStop the saw's cartridge with prepaid shipping)

ACT NOW and apply via sawstop.com/product-test. Keep in mind that there are ONLY A LIMITED NUMBER of saws available.

Thank you for your participation.
Your SawStop Team

Friend on Facebook     Watch on YouTube     Follow us on Instagram
Copyright © 2018 SawStop, LLC, All rights reserved.

SawStop, LLC
11555 SW Myslony Street
Tualatin, OR  97062

Festool
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Reviving an old thread. The test project came to an end.

I completed the survey and Sawstop instructed me to return all of the brake cartridges and to "dispose" of the saw.

Seems like such a huge waste to just throw the saw away. I would like to keep it, although during the testing period I found myself using my cabinet saw more often than not. I used the test saw exclusively on a large built-in entertainment cabinet project and was impressed with it's capabilities.

Did anyone else participate in the program? How are you planning to "dispose" of the saw?

Thanks,

Mike
Can you keep parts off of it?  Fence, motor, etc?
I believe so. Sawstop has asked that I discontinue use of the saw and dispose of it. They stated they will not support or offer spare parts and it was not meant to be used past the test period.

Mike
This is old Thread.
What happen to the saws in the projects?
People who participated , put there saw in trash?
Just Curious
So, by disposing of it, could that possibly mean giving it to someone else?
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(03-21-2021, 06:55 PM)Jack01 Wrote: This is old Thread.
What happen to the saws in the projects?
People who participated , put there saw in trash?
Just Curious

Following on this old thread.
what happened to these saws, went in trash?
Or did you figure out some use?
Parts?