Left bladed 7 1/4" circ saw
Any advantages/disadvantages to having a left side blade?
I'm getting ready to upgrade my 12 amp B&D with a 15 amp saw.

First use for the new saw will be trimming down the ends on an 3 1/2" thick ash workbench top, after that mostly ripping down sheet goods and cutting 2x material.
I recently bought the Skilsaw version because I like the view better.  I suspect it is a matter of which side you are used to.  I like the Skilsaw very much, it is both light, robust and easy to adjust.  -Howard
Left give you a better view, not leaning your head over like a right hand saw.
You'll be changing some of your sawing habits with a left.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Thanks for the help!
I went to the Porter Cable left hander. It's different, but really prefer it. Much better visibility, and it just works out better for me the way I cut with a guide
Have used a left blade Mag77 Skil for years. Getting a wee bit heavy for me at 72, tho.

You can see the blade/cut line really easily. That makes sawing safer, IMHO.

As stwood wrote, you have to change some habits. Like starting on the right end of a board and making the cut off/waste on the left end---backwards from how we learned. Why? Because the large part of the saw foot is not right of the blade and needs to ride on the supported wood, not the cutoff/waste. Having the saw tilt/fall with the waste can be dangerous.

Many left blade saws are also gear driven, that means there is a torque twist of the saw when the trigger is pulled. Can throw the blade to cut line alignment off.

Plus for the gear driven saw---there is more torque and more power to the blade. Instead of feathering the last little bit of cut, you can power through and not worry about the cutoff/waste as it falls free. That means much of the time, you can have both hands on the saw. Safer.
I have a P-C saw with blade on the left. It works better IME with/on a saw guide. I don't like it as well for carpentry type stuff, the foot of the saw is on the cutoff if holding the board with my knee or whatever.
If you are right handed, the left side blade allows better viewing. If happen to be a Lefty, most like the right hand saw for the same reason.  I have been using the smaller 6 1/2" M-18, which is a left hand blade and really liked it.   So started looking for a 7 1/4" Left hand one for my Truetrack saw guide, for increased cutting depth.  I found an older PC Left hand corded saw for $30. The newer Dewalt 60v is a lefty, comes down to preference. Dan