Grain Filler Question
I bought a can of Behlen Pore--O-Pac oil based grain filler from a store about an hour away from me.  I got it home and opened it to find a thin layer of oil on top and a rock hard solid below.  To give you a sense, a normal paint stirrer would break quickly if you tried to stir it.  I used a long screw driver to try to stir it up.  After 5 min it was still mostly solid.  Is this what Pore-O-Pac does if it sits for a long time?

My question is what is the consistency of Pore-O-Pac supposed to be?   I was expecting a paste.  

Thanks
You can observe a lot just by watching. YB
It should be a paste, yes. Thin enough to trowel it on, scrub it across the grain with a course rag, and wipe/scrap the excess off with a wide putty knife.

It will mix back up, just takes some time. Make a mixer from a wire coat hangar or welding rod chucked in a drill motor. (Small bend on the end).
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

the consistency is usually like a bit thick pancake batter
jerry
(12-04-2018, 07:40 PM)jcousins2 Wrote: the consistency is usually like a bit thick pancake batter
jerry

Thanks for the responses. Tonight I worked on the can of filler for about 45 min. I used a screw driver to losen it up and then a paint stirrer on a drill and then back to the screw driver then back to the paint stirrer on a drill.  I figure that it will take another 10 min of this before it is usable.

That can must have been on the shelf for 5 years or more.

Thanks again
You can observe a lot just by watching. YB
I’ve used the following a few times recently and found it easy to work with and not too noxious as far as smell/fumes go.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LEFWGW...4022570223

That link probably wont embed correcty from my mobile device, I will fix at my desktop in a bit.
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem