386 knob?

I was considering buying a Stanley 386 jointer fence from a friend, but its missing the knob and the knob screw.  Is anyone familiar enough with the Stanley lineup to know if a knob from any certain plane can be used for a replacement on a 386 fence? Also isn't the screw a one piece rather than 2 piece affair? More like the handyman line of planes had?
  Re: 386 knob? by jasfrank (I was considering bu...)
(12-07-2018, 12:39 AM)jasfrank Wrote: I was considering buying a Stanley 386 jointer fence from a friend, but its missing the knob and the knob screw.  Is anyone familiar enough with the Stanley lineup to know if a knob from any certain plane can be used for a replacement on a 386 fence? Also isn't the screw a one piece rather than 2 piece affair? More like the handyman line of planes had?
Stanley used non-standard threads...you wont be able to "interchange" between any manufacturers that I know of......
.......You "may" be able to buy the parts you need from Chuck Hegedus ...He has a ton of Stanley parts........
his email adr is toolfool@mindspring.com
I love the Corps for those intangible possessions that cannot be
issued: pride, honor, integrity, and being able to carry on the
traditions for generations of warriors past. [Cpl. Jeff Sornij, USMC;
in Navy Times, November 1994]

Jack Edgar, Sgt. USMC Korea 51/52
Get off my lawn ! Upset

Re: RE: 386 knob? by Timberwolf ([quote='jasfrank' pi...)
(12-07-2018, 11:32 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: .........................
Stanley used non-standard threads...you wont be able to "interchange" between any manufacturers that I know of......
.......You "may" be able to buy the parts you need from Chuck Hegedus ...He has a ton of Stanley parts........
his email adr is    toolfool@mindspring.com

Thank you for the lead and your help Jack. I will send Chuck an email.

Maybe I didn't phrase that right in my OP but I was wondering what plane numbers Stanley had that might have the same knob and screw. I wasn't really referring to other manufacturers although if they worked, thats good too.
  Re: RE: 386 knob? by jasfrank ([quote='Timberwolf' ...)
(12-07-2018, 12:22 PM)jasfrank Wrote: Thank you for the lead and your help Jack. I will send Chuck an email.

Maybe I didn't phrase that right in my OP but I was wondering what plane numbers Stanley had that might have the same knob and screw. I wasn't really referring to other manufacturers although if they worked, thats good too.

Winkgrin Chuck knows Stanley as well { or better } as anybody I know of and his truck is always stocked to the gills at every tool meet we attend. He has parts from other manufacturers also. Good luck..
I love the Corps for those intangible possessions that cannot be
issued: pride, honor, integrity, and being able to carry on the
traditions for generations of warriors past. [Cpl. Jeff Sornij, USMC;
in Navy Times, November 1994]

Jack Edgar, Sgt. USMC Korea 51/52
Get off my lawn ! Upset

Re: 386 knob? by jasfrank (I was considering bu...)
might look at a stanley 82....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
  Re: RE: 386 knob? by bandit571 (might look at a stan...)
(12-07-2018, 02:01 PM)bandit571 Wrote: might look at a stanley 82....
I think the 386 knob was a taller knob, but then you may be right. Thanks Bandit