386 knob?
I was considering buying a Stanley 386 jointer fence from a friend, but its missing the knob and the knob screw.  Is anyone familiar enough with the Stanley lineup to know if a knob from any certain plane can be used for a replacement on a 386 fence? Also isn't the screw a one piece rather than 2 piece affair? More like the handyman line of planes had?
(12-06-2018, 11:39 PM)jasfrank Wrote: I was considering buying a Stanley 386 jointer fence from a friend, but its missing the knob and the knob screw.  Is anyone familiar enough with the Stanley lineup to know if a knob from any certain plane can be used for a replacement on a 386 fence? Also isn't the screw a one piece rather than 2 piece affair? More like the handyman line of planes had?
Stanley used non-standard threads...you wont be able to "interchange" between any manufacturers that I know of......
.......You "may" be able to buy the parts you need from Chuck Hegedus ...He has a ton of Stanley parts........
his email adr is toolfool@mindspring.com
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(12-07-2018, 10:32 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: .........................
Stanley used non-standard threads...you wont be able to "interchange" between any manufacturers that I know of......
.......You "may" be able to buy the parts you need from Chuck Hegedus ...He has a ton of Stanley parts........
his email adr is    toolfool@mindspring.com

Thank you for the lead and your help Jack. I will send Chuck an email.

Maybe I didn't phrase that right in my OP but I was wondering what plane numbers Stanley had that might have the same knob and screw. I wasn't really referring to other manufacturers although if they worked, thats good too.
(12-07-2018, 11:22 AM)jasfrank Wrote: Thank you for the lead and your help Jack. I will send Chuck an email.

Maybe I didn't phrase that right in my OP but I was wondering what plane numbers Stanley had that might have the same knob and screw. I wasn't really referring to other manufacturers although if they worked, thats good too.

Winkgrin Chuck knows Stanley as well { or better } as anybody I know of and his truck is always stocked to the gills at every tool meet we attend. He has parts from other manufacturers also. Good luck..
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

might look at a stanley 82....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(12-07-2018, 01:01 PM)bandit571 Wrote: might look at a stanley 82....
I think the 386 knob was a taller knob, but then you may be right. Thanks Bandit