Refrigerator?
Barn,

Is there a way to temporarily wire it to close the circuit to test whether it’s the defrost control?
Mama has already ordered a new fridge.
This is why I don’t want to spend $20 just to see if it’s the fault unless I know it’s the issue.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(12-07-2018, 12:01 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Barn,

Is there a way to temporarily wire it to close the circuit to test whether it’s the defrost control?
This is why I don’t want to spend $20 just to see if it’s the fault unless I know it’s the issue.

Look for a way to turn the defrost timer, it may be a one way screw slot. Since you say neither the compressor or the condenser fan is working the defrost timer is the prime suspect as mentioned before.   Roly
(12-07-2018, 12:01 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Barn,

This guy explains the defrost timer in detail:

[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
This is the guy I watched earlier but takes it farther and has what I need to know.
Super.
Thanks.
Gary

They're still using defrost timers?

The last two fridges I worked on, GE and Whirlpool, had circuit boards. No more mechanical timers.

edit, the GE circuit board is in the back under a cardboard panel. The relay had bad solder connections/
"During times of universal deceit, Telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

-- George Orwell
Yep; Non-digital refrigerator.
Gary

So I dug further, pulled off the relay. I know a bit of "rattling" is not good but how about if it sounds like it's full of gravel! I do believe I've found the problem.
(04-03-2019, 03:07 AM)funnyboi Wrote: So I dug further, pulled off the relay. I know a bit of "rattling" is not good but how about if it sounds like it's full of gravel! I do believe I've found the problem.

It has been broke for 4 months
Confused   Roly
(04-03-2019, 10:27 AM)Roly Wrote:  It has been broke for 4 months
Confused   Roly

It was winter. 
Big Grin