Stinky Subject
Use a toilet brush and clean the bowl every day to keep it smooth. I use a little vinegar in the bowl and let it sit for an hour once a week.
(12-07-2018, 01:15 PM)jteneyck Wrote: ....  I'd spend more for a Toto or similar that have a special glaze to help prevent this.  

John

I did spend more for a Toto with its (supposedly) special glaze. Same problem.
I also put in a Kohler, and it works perfect. Look for a 3" or larger flush hole.
(12-08-2018, 11:27 AM)Wizard of Oz Wrote: ...  Look for a 3" or larger  flush hole.

THIS.

Had two American Standard Cadet 3 with 3" flush hole in the bottom of the tank, and an older one with a 2" flush hole.

Kept plugging up.

Now, it's history.

Laugh
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
Thanks for all the comments. Think I may bring this toilet back - definitely under performs our other low volume toilet. Menards did have another American Standard model that didn't suck down as many golf balls but was advertised to clean the bowl better. Maybe try that or go across the street and get the Kohler at HD.

Thanks
(12-08-2018, 08:18 AM)elinourrumming Wrote: I did spend more for a Toto with its (supposedly) special glaze. Same problem.

Well that's disappointing, but good to know.  Thanks.

John
American Standard also makes a self-cleaning toilet. It is available at Lowes.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.