DeWalt DW621 Starts but won't stay running
I have a DW621 Plunge Router.  I've had it for at least 15 years.  I haven't used it much over the last several years.    It worked a year or so ago.  I wanted to use it today to mill a through slot.  If I squeeze the trigger, it starts to spin up but then shuts off.  I don't think it gets to full speed.  If it does, it is only for a second or two.
Mine too!

Hopefully someone will chime in with a recommended fix.
We work to become, not to acquire.
Dust in the switch or switch housing. Take it apart & blow it out.
It fixed a friend of mine's router.
I’ll start there. Thanks
I blew all the dust out of the trigger. It isn't the trigger. The trigger is connected to a cam then is connected to the switch in the housing. You squeeze the trigger, that turns the cam and a lever on the cam closes the switch. I took all that apart and got to the switch. Just manually closing the switch without the cam assembly I have the same problem. The switch has the power cord wires connected, and 2 purple wires. those wires I assume go to the speed selector. I tried changing the speed to different settings, that didn't fix anything. The other symptom is after it spins up and then shuts off I have to wait 10 or 15 seconds before I can try again.
I have the same router, and just wanted to point out that it has a soft start feature.  I normally use it upside down in a router table, but, you push a button, turn a knob, it does not spin at first, and then it starts to spin and gradually increases the speed.  If you shut it off, then try to turn it right back on , it won't do it, again, probably due to the way the soft start works.  

My guess is that you have an issue with the soft start circuitry.    
 Two posters on this site reported similar problems, and replaced the electronic  module.  https://www.ereplacementparts.com/module...68806.html   
 Since it is almost $100 for the part, I would check their reports carefully and make sure you have exactly the same issue before ordering it.   BTW,  mine is still going strong, and I have used it a ton.    Also, you might want to check around on pricing.  Sometimes I find a great difference in pricing and speed of shipment of parts from different suppliers.
Thanks. I’ll think about that. I have a porter cable router motor with no base. I had it in a table. A plunge base for it is about the same price as that part.
(12-09-2018, 09:56 AM)crokett™ Wrote: Thanks. I’ll think about that.  I have a porter cable router motor with no base.  I had it in a table.  A plunge base for it is about the same price as that part.

I don't know much about electronic speed controls ,  but is is possible to just bypass the soft start feature - so that you turn it one and it comes on?
(12-09-2018, 10:50 AM)barryvabeach Wrote: I don't know much about electronic speed controls ,  but is is possible to just bypass the soft start feature - so that you turn it one and it comes on?

I don't know either.   I will probably order the part.  I prefer this router to the Porter Cable.
After my first soft start/speed control router bought in the mid 90's, and having immediate problems with it, I've stayed away from anything in a router that had to do with soft start or speed control.

Hope you get it figured out.
ereplacement parts is a good source for parts, but I've found them quite high on some items.
Amazon also sells a lot of parts. Usually 3rd party. Sometimes it's a washout with the shipping costs.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020