Another dead Harbor Freight tool
I've found HF's air tools to be a very good bargain, and the main reason I started buying from them in the 70s.    I have examples of their air tools that are 40 plus years old that still work quite well.   Among them are several nailers and staplers.
(12-09-2018, 01:05 AM)Mike in kc Wrote: I've found HF's air tools to be a very good bargain, and the main reason I started buying from them in the 70s.    I have examples of their air tools that are 40 plus years old  that still work quite well.   Among them are several nailers and staplers.

Thought this might be of interest to some following this thread. I had never read the story of this company.

Harbor Freight
(12-09-2018, 12:32 PM)Tapper Wrote: Thought this might be of interest to some following this thread. I had never read the story of this company.

Harbor Freight

Cool
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I've gotten a few things worthy; a buffer for $20 on sale has been a champ for 10 years; just bought a 5 drawer tool cart for less than $180 on sale, and I must say I am impressed with the quality https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-stora...64033.html
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
HF tools have their place. I needed to cut a window opening through brick. I didn't want to ruin my good circular saw with brick dust and didn't want to be up on a ladder with a large and heavy gas powered saw. I bought a HF circular saw for less than a rental would have cost. That was 8 or so years ago. It did the job. It still runs, although it sounds terrible. I use it for cutting brick and block.
That is a $20 tool, right? Or that's what I paid for mine.
It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. - Voltaire
Know what, Bob? You win. CharlieD, 4/21/2008
I salute you. Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue!!!! CRR, 2/19/2008
Funny, I have a Porter Cable 18ga brad nailer that quit working after a few years of very light use. I replaced it with an $18 Harbor freight one and the cheap HF has outlasted the Porter Cable. You just never know.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
(12-10-2018, 10:44 AM)Terry W Wrote: Funny, I have a Porter Cable 18ga brad nailer that quit working after a few years of very light use. I replaced it with an $18 Harbor freight one and the cheap HF has outlasted the Porter Cable. You just never know.

Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

when I was rehabbing mom's house for sale, I would go buy HF tools if I forgot my good one at home.  They work.  Much rather buy a $14 angle grinder than have two $100 angle grinders.

I got all my small nailers from a HD black friday special.  They work fine.  And at $15 apiece, I definitely have gotten my money's worth.  I should probably go oil them all.
When I was growing up, my dad always told to buy the best tools money can buy. At the time, it meant Craftsman. I always lived by his words, depending on the tool determined which brand (in my opinion). A few years ago, I needed a tool for a specific purpose. I couldn't justify spending a whole lot of money on a brand name tool for a one time use. Off to Harbor Freight. I was pleasantly surprised.  Now, I have several Harbor Freight tools in my arsenal. I am very pleased and satisfied with my purchases. When I need a new tool, I weigh the number of times that it will be used versus the cost. If it's a one time use, I look at Harbor Freight. Recently, I wanted a light weight compressor. For $45 delivered, I had one delivered. It only feeds a 23g pinner. It is awesome. Point being, give Harbor Freight a look. They may not always have what you need but maybe, just maybe.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry