another table?
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Made a little jig...to hold some parts  

So I could mill a 1/4" x 1/4" groove  
Cool  

About the third try..was able to get a plywood panel close to the right size
Rolleyes  

To add the back to the drawer sides...needed a few holes drilled..and countersunk
Cool 

Cordless drills, why change bits, when I can just change drill and all?
Winkgrin   Fun part,, was getting everything into the clamps after the glue was spread around
Upset  

Let this mess sit awhile...placed the table's top up off the floor...in about the only spot with enough room 

Decided to lay out a few curves
Winkgrin  

Otherwise, them sharp, square corners will be at about.....kneecap height.
No 

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Corners have been cut
Cool 

Top has been flattened 

Very little tear-out....cambered iron and Ash do NOT play nice
No  

Just that one bad spot, on the show side...not show side was  not a pretty sight, though
Upset 

But, hey, the drawer does work..
Winkgrin  

Fine tune involve the sides, and right in the middle of the back...was rubbing the kicker
Rolleyes  

Kicker is so you can pull the drawer almost all the way out...
Cool  

And it won't tip down...knob was the only one I had IN the shop..
How bad was the top?
Uhoh  

Slight bow/cup....even had to joint all four edges.   Flatten a panel?   Needs a decent plane..
Rolleyes

Scrub-jack....worked the high edge down to match the middle, flip over...
Uhoh 

And worked straight across the grain...about like the state of Ohio...."High in the middle..."
Winkgrin 
Slots were drilled into the corner blocks in the base....base flipped onto the "bottom" of the top....screws, washers, and a clamp...one side centered and attached, clamp to pull the other side into alignment....was "off" 1/8"...ran the router around the top after I had flipped the table back onto the tablesaw..   I did install metal foot pads before that...

Stay tuned
Cool
Top has been sanded down smooth....from 50 grit down to 220 grit...Stain was bought, a dark walnut colour.  Not my choice, but what he wants...Stain was brushed on, then wiped down with a rag ( which was tossed into the backyard when I was done...

So, how about a few pictures?    I used the tablesaw as a way to hold the table up where I could see what I was doing....started with the table on it's top...stained only those areas that will show...then flipped the table over, hit the spots I missed, and stained the top...here we go..
Winkgrin 

What you would see when you came down the steps to the shop ( see any toys you know?
Confused

Corner view...then a view at the top..
Cool  

Grain in the knob was a bit...funny...Grandson might even like it...
Rolleyes 

Ok, picked up a quart of clear  gloss poly varnish, and a brush or two, tonight.   Will go about the task of brushing on the varnish later Sunday..and see how this grain lights up..
Winkgrin  

I don't have a way to spray, nor a place to do that....and I don't do "wipe-on" varnish.    Will post an update, once the varnish is done...IF anyone wants..
Confused 

Might just meet that Christmas Eve deadline, after all..
Winkgrin
Sure, finished pics are always kewl to look at.

Backing up a bit, why the screws on the back of the drawer. Wouldn't just glue be good on that rabbit joint...just wondering.
Smile
Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Have always used screws there, as I never trust glue alone in that  joint....even the ones with dados..

Brought the table upstairs, and out of the dusty shop...wanted to see how it looked by the sofa..

Grain did show up a bit better.  

Cool  .....................
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

You sure get a lot of work done Bandit. Wears me out just watchin
Nicely Done Bandit.

I do not know if it is done all the time on how you made the drawer front but it really makes it simple and I like it.

If there is another way of doing a drawer front like Bandits let me know but just how simple makes it really nice and easy for me to do.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(12-12-2018, 11:32 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Made a little jig...to hold some parts  

So I could mill a 1/4" x 1/4" groove  
Cool  

About the third try..was able to get a plywood panel close to the right size
Rolleyes  

To add the back to the drawer sides...needed a few holes drilled..and countersunk
Cool 

Cordless drills, why change bits, when I can just change drill and all?
Winkgrin   Fun part,, was getting everything into the clamps after the glue was spread around
Upset  

Let this mess sit awhile...placed the table's top up off the floor...in about the only spot with enough room 

Decided to lay out a few curves
Winkgrin  

Otherwise, them sharp, square corners will be at about.....kneecap height.
No 

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
[Image: attachment.php?aid=15001]

That's an interesting chuck in the brace, what kind/type brand is that.
Bruce.