Any holiday sales on router lifts?
“Tom has one in S&S which is the same one I have and it is great.”

^^^^^^ This.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(12-23-2018, 10:08 AM)opticsguy Wrote: Original poster here again.  Never did find any sales on router lifts or tool combos containing one.  Also, prefer to see tools in real before purchasing and I did see a Woodpeckers PRL-V@-420-BD a few days ago. Was NOT impressed with the thumbwheel, was not convenient for my thumb or fingers, the rotating dial had some kind of knurling on the face making reading the very few markings almost impossible and also the "T" tool for either raising or lowering the router and/or locking into place was dropping the router full depth when turned.  Not sure why this kind of expensive tool would allow such an event to happen at all.  Of course reading instruction book might be able to prevent such a disaster, however, even the possibility of being able to drop your router in a big bang is not an option I would choose.  

No hurry for me, the right tool will come along at the right time.  

To the OP - several suggestions and recommendations for router lifts have been made during this thread. I referenced one for sale on Ebay (now sold) and Tom has one for sale over in S&S for $200; looks like a pretty good price to me for a quality lift. I believe you said you wanted to see one "for real" before purchasing. You didn't say what your price parameters are but IMO you will be extremely lucky if you find one worth it's salt on the shelf in a store for a bargain. These tools are very intricate with close tolerances and generally are not deeply discounted (sellers have to make a profit).

Occasionally Woodpecker's will have some in the "scratch and dent" category that are slightly discounted (or at least they use to have them). If you spring for a new lift from Woodpecker's and it winds up being defective, they will make it good as they are a very quality company (personal experience). 

Good luck,

Doug
(12-23-2018, 10:08 AM)opticsguy Wrote: No hurry for me, the right tool will come along at the right time.  

Just saw the Jessem Mast-R-Lift II on sale this month at Woodcraft for $299. That's a helluva price....

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."