Stanley No. 1 SOLD
I will give a money-back guarantee on this plane. If you are not satisfied with the purchase and return it in good condition within 7 days I will refund your money.
Tom, thanks for bringing this plane to woodnet.  They are exceedingly rare.

Don't lose hope, but right before Christmas time it is very difficult to sale things like this.  Might take longer than it would during the buying season.
(12-11-2018, 07:59 AM)Tom Wiarda Wrote: I will give a money-back guarantee on this plane. If you are not satisfied with the purchase and return it in good condition within 7 days I will refund your money.

Tom:  that is a great example of a #1, nice plane.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
And i'm still looking to find a #2 in the wild.
(12-11-2018, 09:45 AM)med-one Wrote: And i'm still looking to find a #2 in the wild.

They always show up all of a sudden like. 
That said, I've never seen a number one up close. So Tom's plane is a pretty rare bird I suppose, and most likely would hold its value as well as any tool.
I shouldn't complain as I once found a Stanley No. 9 Piano makers plane along with a Stanley No. 5 Plane for fifty bucks.
(12-11-2018, 10:41 AM)med-one Wrote: I shouldn't complain as I once found a Stanley No. 9 Piano makers plane along with a Stanley No. 5 Plane for fifty bucks.

The seller has offered a money-back guarantee on this plane, which is very good, because there are many counterfeit No. 1 planes out there. The No. 1 was manufactured until 1943, and the specimen he's selling looks to be a later Sweetheart model, probably from the late 1920s to early 1930s. 

Here is an excellent article on the No. 1:

The Stanley No. 1

I strongly suggest to the seller that he cleans the plane. He will fetch a much high price if he does so. Here is an article regarding this issue I think is quite pertinent:

Cleaning Vintage Tools
(12-11-2018, 09:45 AM)med-one Wrote: And i'm still looking to find a #2 in the wild.

Took me a while to get mine.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

There is a #2 in an antique store by me behind a glass case. If I remember correctly, it's a keen kutter. I believe they want $450 for it.

carl
(12-10-2018, 09:54 PM)Bob10 Wrote: to whoever buys it I have a full box of old stock blades sitting on a shelf someplace if you find the need

Bob

I have a pristine #1 but the blade is kind of short and wondering if I can buy one from you?  To me I love using mine to pull it towards me while I was sitting in my chair and it was so easy to use.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.