Holes in granite counter
So we finally have a granite counter top on order and templated. They will cut the sink at the shop but the holes for the faucet stuff willl be done on site.

Our current faucet set up is a four hole system - shut off, faucet, spray hose, and aux faucet for water filter.
SWMBO wants two more holes for hand soap and dish soap.

I don’t care of we have soap dispensers, but if we do that that’s six holes along that narrow 3-4” wide stretch between the sink and the wall. Would that be too much and risk fracturing the top now or down the road?
Ray
I'm not a kitchen designer, but I can fix their mistakes. So this is just a slightly knowledgeable opinion based on my customer's choices and some observations. First of all, 6 holes is too many. I don't even care if the top could handle them, it's just too much happening in a small space. (Have you ever seen a four gang light switch plate with a triple right above it? I have.) I did a kitchen with a single hole faucet w/ separate sprayer, soap, filtered water, and Insta-hot. We installed a single spout for the filtered and hot but it still looked cramped. Last spring was a single hole facuet w/ separate sprayer, and the customer was impartial, but decided to add the soap dispenser. Last month's kitchen was a single hole pull down sprayer, as was last winter's, my own summer/guest kitchen, and last summer's "show kitchen. That one had the built in motion sensor which the customer loves. None of those have a soap dispenser and I really like the clean look as well as the ability to easily clean around. So in my opinion, if you're spending a couple grand on tops it's time to spend a couple hundred on a decent single lever/hole, pull down faucet. You might lose one more hole if you switch to Palmolive.
Smile
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(12-12-2018, 01:12 AM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: So in my opinion, if you're spending a couple grand on tops it's time to spend a couple hundred on a decent single lever/hole, pull down faucet. You might lose one more hole if you switch to Palmolive.
Smile

What he said^^^^^. We just installed granite in our kitchen, and there's no way I'd want that line up (6 holes). The newer faucets are a single hole mount and give you the spray, that right there eliminates 2 of the holes.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Good points. I didn’t consider the busyness of the look.
I’ll line them up for the Department of Domestic Affairs to see for herself.

As for the faucet, we already have a really nice one and the price was right - free. Our neighbor had received a case of three to replace one for some reason. I’d rather go without the soap dispensers than spend another $300+ on a different faucet for the sake of soap dispensers. But I’ll consider it for the more clean look.
Ray
(12-12-2018, 12:21 AM)DogwoodTales Wrote: SWMBO wants two more holes for hand soap and dish soap.

i am willing to guarantee that after filling a couple times, those wont be used once they run out. think ive seen about a dozen homes with them and all have a little pump soap and bottle of dish detergent on the back of the sink.
I wouldn't sacrifice granite for a free faucet.

I'd do a 1 hole faucet with the built in sprayer on the faucet.
1 hole for the soap dispenser and one for the filtered water.
Keep it clean and simple. Don't want my sink area looking like a NASA control center.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

As mentioned, you can get a one-hole faucet with an attached sprayer. Mine has a button that switches from regular aerated flow to spray, and there is a weight attached to the hose underneath that makes it retractable. We have a second hole for the handle, but that can be reduced to one as many now have the handle integral to the faucet body.

There is no need to have two holes for soap. I know women are picky about these things, but is something wrong with using dish soap to wash your hands?
I suggest 3 holes:

Faucet, soap dispenser, garbage disposal switch.

If she doesn't like that, then you talk up the installer beforehand to he backs you up. It would be worth the 20 bucks.
Also mention how much pain it is to clean the counter top around a single fixture.  Now multiply that by 6!  We, btw, also have just a single hole faucet.
okay, so how about some suggestions on a single hole faucet?
Ray