PM-2000 inop
My Powermatic 2000 will not start. Had the problem a few years ago and found a defective micro switch on the Electrical Board. All three are good this time around. Anyone had trouble with a PM-2000?
Bill
Bill,   I don't have one, but if you have one of those electric sensors, that is a good place to start - trace it from the outlet forward to the switch and then to the motor.    This is not the one I have, but you can find something similar at most hardware stores  https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial-E...,4643,4619
(12-12-2018, 08:47 PM)barryvabeach Wrote: Bill,   I don't have one, but if you have one of those electric sensors, that is a good place to start - trace it from the outlet forward to the switch and then to the motor.    This is not the one I have, but you can find something similar at most hardware stores  https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial-E...,4643,4619

Barry, this switch is not easy to trace. Not the components, diode, LED, etc. It pains me to pay $240.00 for the complete switch when just one of those components is the culprit. Where is the TV repairman we had a long time ago that could do this kind of work?
Bill
Bill,  sorry,  didn't realize you had it isolated to the switch.  I have had similar issues with other electrical appliances, and sometimes it was the outlet, or the wiring, before of after the switch, and used a voltage detector to find the problem.
Barry, and sometimes it fixes itself. After some more testing, my SIL isolated the problem to one of the micro switches. Later while he was showing the defective sw to me, it became un-defective and started working again! Saw runs like a well oiled sewing machine.
Bill